The FastDay Forum

Resources & Links

7 posts Page 1 of 1
Interesting read @lovemyparrot - thanks for sharing. Didn't know that about L'Occitane .

by the way I love my parrots too - have two red lored amazons :)
Interesting - was quite shocked to see L'Occitane on the naughty list but didn't realise they did "slimming" creams!
But let's be honest. It always amazes me how gullible some people can be to believe the hype all these companies peddle? I mean anyone with more than a modicum of common sense couldn't possibly be taken in , could they? well yes, they obviously can!
callyanna wrote: But let's be honest. It always amazes me how gullible some people can be to believe the hype all these companies peddle? I mean anyone with more than a modicum of common sense couldn't possibly be taken in , could they? well yes, they obviously can!

I know what you mean but then it is amazing whaet you will do when you're desperate!
I'm surprised at L'Occitane, not surprised at their claim but surprised that it actually was printed in English! In France it seems that you can make pretty much any claim on your product, I've translated loads of nonsense miracle claims from big French corporations and there is even at least one 'eau minceur' - slimming water! However when translating we always had to put in words to soften any claims, so instead of a slimming cream it was a cream which appeared or seemed to make you feel slimmer, it really opened my eyes to false advertising, there are entire product ranges of things like skin care based on flowers which don't even exist! We always had to send our translations to be approved by lawyers in the US though, to ensure that no false claims were made, so I'm surprised that it appears that L'Occitane didn't!
Anyone with a modicum of common sense will know you can't possibly massage away fat.

Anyway back to l'Occitane. I really love their pillow spray. I should mention it in the insomniacs tent. I always travel with it and it generally gets me off to a good nights sleep. So they have redeemed themselves with this one. :like:
7 posts Page 1 of 1