The FastDay Forum

Suggestion Box

11 posts Page 1 of 1
6:1
23 Mar 2013, 09:07
Hi Moogie, would it be possible to have a 6:1 forum, or would that be one too many? I think there are more and more of us who will be on 6:1 once the goals have been reached (I'm going 6:1 as from next week as I've got to mine!) and there are new people who don't want to lose weight, just get the benefits from fasting.
Re: 6:1
23 Mar 2013, 11:41
And the tracker needs to offer 6:1 as an option, and it really needs to be able to tell when someone has switched from weight losing to weight maintenance, or the data will start to get skewed. What do you think Moogie?
23 Mar 2013, 12:06
I think the tracker stats would have to be allowed to filter out those on maintenance, so perhaps rather than 6:1 we could have a maintenance option which would them be ignored by the tracker when graphing the forum stats for weight loss. You see I suspect that maintenance for me will involve 5:2 but with a slightly bigger fast day allowance because I really doubt that I will continue to lose weight past my target on 5:2 and I suspect that will be the case for others too.
23 Mar 2013, 12:20
Yes I agree Caroline. In any case the tracker system would have to be modified because at present you set your status once as to your diet and you can't change it part-way through (actually I can't even find where to set it now, but it must be hiding there somewhere...)
23 Mar 2013, 14:11
Yes, good idea. I'd like to keep tracking my weight - I think it is more of an incentive to keep it stable!
23 Mar 2013, 14:20
A good idea but I agree with Caroline that maintenance may not be 6:1 for everyone, it isn't for me as I now do 7:7 with an 8 hour eating window every day and others will probably tweak this to accommodate their life styles.

Ballerina x
23 Mar 2013, 16:50
Maybe it should be called 6:1 and other maintenance plans?
Whatever it is it would be nice to have a separate section in the forum as it would be easy to find.
23 Mar 2013, 23:27
I agree a maintenance forum is a good idea :) Will do that as soon as I can. Have been working today and off to bed now but perhaps tomorrow!

Regarding the tracker, I didn't think people would keep logging weight loss etc when they are maintaining. I'll need to sit and plan how best to specify when a user has switched to maintenance so that the stats are no longer included in the loss figures.

Would it be preferable to have a setting on the main tracker settings page where you specify whether you're dieting or maintaining, or would it be better to specify on a per weigh-in basis in case of more frequent changes?
24 Mar 2013, 00:15
I didn't plan to keep on logging but this thread has made me think again about that. Fat ratios and waist measurements, etc may still change and weight won't remain constant due to holidays, etc.
It might not be feasible to set it up but what would good would be to have a separate tracker for maintainers so that these, albeit slight changes, could be recorded.
Apart from the fact that recording is fun and motivating, no one really knows how we and our bodies will react to the long term effects 5:2 or 6:1 and it would be a shame to overlook a good research opportunity.
25 Mar 2013, 06:16
Moogie wrote: Would it be preferable to have a setting on the main tracker settings page where you specify whether you're dieting or maintaining, or would it be better to specify on a per weigh-in basis in case of more frequent changes?

Ideally, I think we each have an overall setting for whether at each weigh-in we are dieting or maintaining (which is itself set to dieting as initial default), and then at each weigh-in we set what we are actually doing from this weigh-in forward. Normally of course we can just accept the default so we don't have to set anything.
25 Mar 2013, 08:02
It might be best to have it be the same as the last weigh in. So default is dieting, but if changed at a weigh in the next time it will be the same rather than go back to dieting. I know I would be bound to forget to change it eventually if it were me!
11 posts Page 1 of 1