The FastDay Forum

The 5:2 Lab

8 posts Page 1 of 1
http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/08/2 ... ref=health

bottom line: breakfast doesn't matter, surprising probably no one here.
That's good to know!
Hmm its an interesting one. Whilst nursing I was informed that breakfast was a vital element in the weight loss process and that those who avoided breakfast were more likely to be overweight than those who had it. It always seemed strange to me but the logic was that those who didn't eat breakfast would then be so hungry come lunch time that they would consume more than they needed. Yet, it seems obvious that if you avoid breakfast and eat what you would normally eat at lunch time, that by the end of the day you would have consumed less calories that you would have had with your breakfast.

Blimey, that was a mouthful, but I hope you know what I mean. Those doing 16:8 will be very smug indeed I should have thought. I'm working on giving up breakfast (but then I tend to eat cereal in the evening...doh!)

:bugeyes:
If you must breakfast make it protein, like two soft boiled eggs with batons of carrot and celery :0)
I've never been a fan of breakfast so I'm happy to read this, many thanks for the link

Ballerina x :heart:
That's very interesting. I've been worrying about not being able to do 16:8 as other people keep recommending it, but I can't do without my breakfast. It's my favourite meal of the day, something I look forward to when I wake up, if I want to skip a meal it has to be lunch every time.
I have a soft boiled egg every day, even fast days.
I love breakfast, and for me it's dinner that's the one I can do without. And often do.

If I ever did restricted hours eating (16:8 or fast 5), I would have my eating window from when I woke up until lunch. Which of course would make social eating a bit tricky. But I'm unlikely to go that way, I prefer only being restricted twice a week on 5:2.

I wonder though if my natural "body eating clock" is why I find liquid fasting easier? Once breakfast/lunch time is past, well I'm in the place that I don't mind not eating, so would rather not wake up the "hunger bear".
8 posts Page 1 of 1