The FastDay Forum

The 5:2 Lab

24 posts Page 2 of 2
I've just done a .pdf of the 'print' version of this which includes the slides (fairly rubbish quality but readily readable).

If you'd like a copy please PM me your email and I'll send it on to you; unless you know of a way of doing attachments through the PM system - I've not yet spotted one - in which case just let me know! Better still, if you know of a way I could attach it to this post!

Cheers, FatDog

Edit: you're definitely great, @Betsysgr8. I'd looked at the top bar and next to submit etc. but with my wee screen hadn't seen lower (my excuse and I'm sticking to it).

Sadly, however, the file is, apparently, too big (it's 1.4MB). So I'm afraid it'll need to be a PM after all...
FatDog wrote: I've just done a .pdf of the 'print' version of this which includes the slides (fairly rubbish quality but readily readable).

If you'd like a copy please PM me your email and I'll send it on to you; unless you know of a way of doing attachments through the PM system - I've not yet spotted one - in which case just let me know! Better still, if you know of a way I could attach it to this post!

Cheers, FatDog

@FatDog Open reply window (full editor), then scroll down a little, you will see 'save draft' 'preview' 'submit' under these buttons are "Options" and "Upload attachment", click upload attachment then browse to your file and "Add the file". :)
Thanks for this, Peter!

Given my age you won't be surprised to hear that I have a great interest in this subject! :smile:

Inspired by this research I googled 'Fasting and Alzheimer's', which turned up quite a few results.

Here's one I picked out which may be of interest:

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2012/feb/18/fasting-protect-brain-diseases-scientists

It's probably linked to elsewhere on the forum, but it won't hurt to have it here.
Thanks for the link @Breadandwine. Clearly this guy doesn't have our talent for maximising low-cal meals! :grin:
Cutting daily food intake to around 500 calories – which amounts to little more than a few vegetables and some tea – for two days out of seven had clear beneficial effects in their studies, claimed Mattson, who is also professor of neuroscience at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine in Baltimore.
Seeing what my mum ate while she was on 5:2, I came to the conclusion that there are two types of fasters.
The ones who like to cook and create and don't let the 500 limit stop them and the ones who simply don't bother and they just want to have something to eat and get the fast over and done.
TML, there are two types of EATERS, I eat to live and my husband lives to eat hence, he is 3 stone overweight! :shock:

Ballerina x :heart:
I deffo live to eat!!! And shop too!!!
So helpful to see the actual presentation behind the actual science being done rather than just a synopsis presented by a journalist. Thank you! More please.
Thank you as well @breadandwine for the Guardian article. My relatives in America suspect I'm bonkers for fasting, but who will get the last laugh in 30 years - ha ha! Seriously though, I've tried to explain the Alzheimers link to my mother and she appreciated the article.
24 posts Page 2 of 2