The FastDay Forum

The 5:2 Lab

19 posts Page 2 of 2
Nope, certainly not the same with men. We are better. :-)
Re the male/ female thing, a lot of women get yearnings for particular foods when they're pregnant.
At the time I certainly thought it showed up some nutritional deficiency BUT when I look back, one time I longed for cabbage. OK so that sounds fairly healthy but another pregnancy I longed for ham sandwiches. The really disgusting type - had to be white sliced bread, the cheapest wrapped sort, with slices of that pink plastic ham which is probably bulked out with water, etc.
So I'm pretty sceptical, maybe we're confusing emotional and physical too much? I'd like it to be true that we could be alert to our nutritional needs but I doubt it.
On the subject of "listening to your body", what if I crave sugar all the time? To me that is imbalance in my body and not what it actually needs.

I imagine it would take a lot of knowledge and long years of study to figure out which signals to follow and which signals to take for "imbalance information".
Pammy, my OBGYN told me that it is rather important for the doctor to know what a pregnant woman craves for. It might indicate a problem and the sooner it is discovered, the better.
I had a friend who was craving of something, I think it was tomato, and her doctor ran some tests and apparently she had a minor issue with her blood sugar. They stopped it while it was minor and all was well. :-)

Gorba, if you crave for sugar then there is a problem and your GP should know about it. Our body always tells us when something is wrong. Like, if you get leg cramps, you are probably lacking of salt or sodium or even iodine.
19 posts Page 2 of 2