The FastDay Forum

The 5:2 Lab

5 posts Page 1 of 1
http://vitals.lifehacker.com/how-to-fre ... 1702108722

A summarizing quote:

"With intermittent fasting, you learn that you can go without eating, and you won’t shrivel up and die. Of course, you need to make sure that your diet is sound and you are eating an appropriate amount, but the timing doesn’t really matter. The initial two to three weeks trains both your body and your mind to drop the urge to eat frequently.

This translates directly into fat loss. Learning that you don’t “need” to eat at a specific time means less hunger, and decreased hunger is the number one predictor of weight loss."
Thanks for all these links, @ADFnFuel, very interesting! :)

This article is about the eating windows approach, and I note that a 10 hour eating window is suggested for women. I would find that far more practical than 8 or less. I also note that it says that if you find you go back to having breakfast it is because you want to, and you are in control - that's comforting, because I did go back to having breakfast when I found I was feeling hungry all the time... But I do aim to have brekkie as late as possible. And it certainly saves time not having brekkie!!
Wow what a lot of interesting reading ADFnFuel. You've bombed my homepage.
Thanks for this @ADFnFuel. I think that one of the most important things that I have learned from the 5:2 WOL is that one doesn't slump into unconsciousness or suffer grievous harm by missing a meal or two. The only thing that one does get is more time in the day to use in whatever way one wants! Even I, who would never have considered going without my muesli in the morning or my mid-afternoon snack, can now quite easily do without these on non-fast days - if that is what I feel like. I hadn't really thought about it but I suppose that, although I wouldn't have described myself as a member of the 'window eating' brigade, that is exactly what I am for at least three or four days a week! What a revelation! :smile:
Avery sensible article - thank you. One of the main advantages of following 5:2 is that I have learnt to eat when I need food and not because it is a certain meal time and that has changed my whole outlook and helped me lose weight as well as making me think about what I am about to eat before just eating what is available. I do have breakfast most days (usually a slice of ham) and the main meal at lunch time with the option of eating early in the evening if I feel hungry. This suits my husband's eating patterns too. We often find that in the evenings we still feel full and in effect fast from 1pm right through to 8-9 am the next day. During this time I only drink water and he drinks orange barley water or tea with milk. He has also lost 7 lbs just by following this reasoning.
5 posts Page 1 of 1