The FastDay Forum

The 5:2 Lab

9 posts Page 1 of 1
This is one of the best short articles I have read that neatly summarises Leptin Resistance and why obese people want to keep eating over the calories their bodies need. It also talks about fasting being a method to reverse this and get out of the vicious cirle.

It has done a lot to help me understand what was happening to my body and why fasting has been so successful for me....

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2012/10/29/leptin-resistance.aspx
Wonderful article, thank you for sharing this piece with us. Below I have provided the titles of three articles that are about Leptin, Leptin resistance, and weight loss (I don’t know whether sharing links is allowed or not hence I have provided the title and the site where the article is published).
“Weight Loss & Leptin Resistance” in thegabrielmethod(dot)com
“Why is Oprah Still Obese? Leptin Part 3” in jackkruse(dot)com
“Research Review: Leptin, ghrelin, weight loss – it’s complicated” in precisionnutrition(dot)com
Thanks superfluity and ahen23
links are welcome to articles- the 5:2 lad board is full of them!
ahen23 wrote: Wonderful article, thank you for sharing this piece with us. Below I have provided the titles of three articles that are about Leptin, Leptin resistance, and weight loss (I don’t know whether sharing links is allowed or not hence I have provided the title and the site where the article is published).
“Weight Loss & Leptin Resistance” in thegabrielmethod.com
“Why is Oprah Still Obese? Leptin Part 3” in jackkruse.com
“Research Review: Leptin, ghrelin, weight loss – it’s complicated” in precisionnutrition.com

There, hopefully, I made the links clickable. :wink:

:confused: Nope, ok I guess, it's cut and paste-able now. :neutral:
I am a bit Leary of Dr Mercola. I will keep researching about leptin resistance.
Yanicka1 wrote: I am a bit Leary of Dr Mercola. I will keep researching about leptin resistance.

Can you explain why please?
Me too Yanika1. I used to be an avid reader of his newsletter until I caught on to the fact that he only seems to post items that act as a platform for promoting his latest book or supplement. To me that damages his credability. The bloke may be very knowledgeable but he doesn't do himself any favours when every article turns into a sales pitch.
Umleila wrote:
Yanicka1 wrote: I am a bit Leary of Dr Mercola. I will keep researching about leptin resistance.

Can you explain why please?

What Miffy said and also this http://www.quackwatch.com/11Ind/mercola.html
Thank you. I had never heard of him before.
9 posts Page 1 of 1