The FastDay Forum

The 5:2 Lab

22 posts Page 2 of 2
does "good food" like a home prepared steak sandwich with multigrain bread and caramelized onion and tomato sauce at 11pm (like i did last night) count ?
No idea, but I like the way you think. After I got all my steps in I had 53 calories worth of bacon, the left over green beans from dinner (less than a 1/2c serving) and some iced tea. Done for the night so my fast has started. :)
I am interested in the questions raised about cultures in which the normal time for dinner is quite late (Spain and other Latin cultures) and in the summer when the hour of dusk is 9:00 or later (in the north) and even later the nearer to the poles. I would be interested to see if a similar study in Spain would result in the same results. And, in the case of seasonal variations, I wonder if the clock time is an arbitrary overlay on the body clock which is more closely tied to natural light and the length of the night. At any rate, I would be very interested to hear more details if anyone gets their hands on the paper :bugeyes: in question. :lol:
Eating after tea is thankfully something that has never been my thing. Cup of tea, or 3 well thats something , I must have.
I try to never eat after dinner, no snacks while watching TV etc - last night I got back from the climbing wall session starving so had a bottle of beer and a couple of rice cakes with peanut butter. This morning I find I have just ruined my LDL level...

Rats!

Oh, it's OK - the study applies to young women. Not me then...
carorees wrote: I would guess that the body is 'designed' to fast overnight and so tends to move into fat burning mode in order to preserve glycogen reserves during the usual resting hours"

Thinking, as I tuck into a piece of chocolate feed day of course, from this view of yours Caroline it is interesting how our body is still be so programmed to pre 'so called civilisation' where there would have not been a fridge and pantry cupboard to raid in the wee hours just an dark cave, smouldering ash from the fire and bones to trip over. How far from that we have come, yet amazingly finding a way back via IF
Snacking in the evening is one of those litte joys of life i reckon. Ever seen the clips of Nigella Lawson raiding the fridge for leftover meals or yummy cakes. So cheeky.

I say Long live late night snacking (as long as we do the 2 or 3 day fast thing religiously, who cares)
22 posts Page 2 of 2