The FastDay Forum

The 5:2 Lab

20 posts Page 2 of 2
I've only just seen this thread now - thank you for all your work on this Caroline, much appreciated! :heart: Interesting observations that I find it very easy to agree with, based on my own 5:2 experience.
Hats off to Caroline for taking the time to do this for the good of us all.

Me being a very very slow loser I am more interested in the results/findings.

I never give snacking a thought on non fast days and have seen this as a plus point of 5:2 - I do keep within my TDEE on non fast days but i do lots of snacking/grazing! Going to stop this at once :)

Also I've only recently (4 weeks) been doing 1 meal a day and the odd full day of liquid so not seen a huge difference in losses by just doing this alone!

So I'm hoping i can improve my losses by stopping the snacking and sticking with the one evening meal a day plus lots of exercise also!
Thank you Caroline - I used to eat several small meals/snacks throughout the day as that was recommended by by doctor to keep my glucose levels balanced. However, since I started 5:2 in April I now have much longer times between meals and no snacking and the weight has gone down and stayed down.

Another plus of not eating too frequently according to the Caries Management (prevention and treatment of tooth decay)course I am taking:
Frequent snacking throughout the day = multiple acid challenges = multiple demineralization period thus reducing the times remineralization can occur between demineralization times. In a nutshell,the less number of times you consume anything the less likely you will get tooth decay. It takes under two minutes for the pH in the mouth to fall from 7(neutral) to 4(more acid) before slowly returning to 7 again.
Dear Caroline,
Interesting results. I could do some further analysis in case you are still interested. I have send you a PM with further information.
Pieter-Jan
Thank you for looking at this Caroline, I'm afraid I'm no help with stats but I do find this information fascinating.
20 posts Page 2 of 2