The FastDay Forum

The 5:2 Lab

7 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi

I watched a fascinating Horizon programme last Thursday 28th March on BBC2 called "The Truth About Taste", 9pm - 10pm. Although not about diets it gives an insight into why some people like sweet things so much and also new alternatives that are being developed for sugar. Try and catch it if you can.

Regards

Sheepy5
Thanks for the heads up, I am now grabbing it on 'catch up' and will watch it later.
Will also watch it on catchup, couldn't have watched it first time round as Tuesday at 9 is 'The Syndicate' on BBC1 and can't miss this, thanks,

Ballerina x
I watched this programme on iPlayer yesterday.

My favourite quotation from it: "We never evolved a protective barrier against too much (food), because there never was too much."

Food for thought!
Really good programme, worth watching
I found it interesting when I saw it. Fascinating how some of our tastes relate back to before we were even born!
Yes, and I also saw '10 Things You Need to Know About Losing Weight' first broadcast in Jan 11 and tonight re-aired on the Really channel also fronted by Michael Mosley on which he tells us not to skip meals as our brains will release a chemical which makes us crave high calorie food can be found at http://www.documentarytube.com/10-thing ... ing-weight Same documentary has Alex James, ex of Blur taking part in an experiment telling us that eating low-fat dairy products causes us to excrete more fat, trouble is that Alex James confesses to being a dairy farmer, not too much conflict of interest there then! I have lost 3lbs in 3 weeks doing the 5:2 diet which is standard, but I'm thinking that it probably isn't new science but purely down to the fact that I'm consuming 3000 calories a week less than usual.
7 posts Page 1 of 1