The FastDay Forum

Introduce Yourself!

Our Frequently Asked Questions topic will answer many of your fasting & weight loss questions!

If you're new and have a question or need some advice, please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!

23 posts Page 1 of 2
Taking the online plunge!
17 Oct 2013, 12:00
Well this is the first time I have dipped my toes or should I say fingers into the world of chatting online! I don't Facebook or Twitter so this is a whole new world. I do email so I am not a complete dinosaur! I have been reading this forum for many months and have been enjoying all the discussions, support and banter from across the globe and have taken a deep breath and finally taken the plunge ha ha. I have battled my weight for 20+ years since I had my second child and it is taken up way too much of my head space. I lost 30 kilos about 7 years ago through a lot of hard work and deprivation. Since then I have put a lot of it back on and then lost it again and so on. I have been doing this WOL for 7 months now and am finding it great. Like a lot of you I had fantastic results fairly quickly then hit the dreaded plateau a few months ago. I have persevered and have only had minor success since then but partly it is my own fault as I know I am sometimes over feeding on the feed days. Still I have stuck with it and have no intention of ever stopping and I am still heading in the right direction. I am so sick of having soooooo many clothes in my wardrobe that I can't fit into. I look forward to the day when I can lighten the load and toss half of them out! I have had disc issues this year so have been unable to do any exercise which is frustrating but which makes me feel very proud of still having lost the weight. I'm slightly too young for the seniors sanctuary, too tall for the short tent and not nearly ready for the 69ers Christmas club but I have enjoyed reading it all.
Re: Taking the online plunge!
17 Oct 2013, 13:00
Welcome to the forum Denwoman! Well done with your 5:2 success and taking the plunge into the 'forum world'. :like: You can poke your nose or fingers into any tent you want, sometimes to give a little extra support or maybe you'd just like to stick out your tongue :razz: ;).
17 Oct 2013, 13:20
Hi Denwoman. Welcome :clover: Well you already know we are a tiny bit potty here but also we take this WOE seriously as there are so many success stories. Thanks for sharing your story. I have a wardrobe just like yours and some of my clothes are starting to become available again. Glad you have taken the plunge. If you like gardening, join us in wildmissus pergola or silver darlings book club. I'm sure we can find something for you :heart:
17 Oct 2013, 13:32
Hi Denwoman and welcome to the forum. This is the first forum I've joined too and I'm so glad I did. The support off everyone is great. I can tell my family are a bit fed up with me going on about 5:2 and I think they're just waiting for me to forget about it and start speaking about the next diet. I just come on here and bend everyone ears instead. Well done on you're weight loss, I'm sure you'll be wearing all your old clothes in no time. If you can't find a group to join maybe you could put your own tent up and see who strolls in. Good luck as you continue.
Dee :)
17 Oct 2013, 13:37
hi Denwoman and welcome from me too to this wonderful forum :-)

thanks for sharing your story and on here you will find a wealth of info and support and read many more inspiring stories..

wishing you all the best xx
17 Oct 2013, 13:57
Welcome! This is the best non diet I have ever tried! Like you I have lost and gained loads over the years. I feel at last I have found what will help me maintain.
17 Oct 2013, 14:40
@Denwoman welcome and good luck with your continued success. We have several things in common in that I am also too young, too tall and not ready for a 69. But we are in a club the 5.2 club. Fitbit next luvvy
17 Oct 2013, 14:54
Welcome from across the globe Denwoman. It's a great forum, this has helped me through the fast days :bugeyes:

Best of luck :clover: :clover:
17 Oct 2013, 15:29
Welcome Denwoman and enjoy your sure success. I am also using my first forum ever and have found lots to help and motivate me. It's comforting when all of us know what it's like to embark on this WOE. Great that it's for keeps, as is the fitness and weight loss! :clover:
17 Oct 2013, 16:02
Hey there lurker :) welcome to the forum.

Enjoy your 5:2 journey and join the chat, cake, laughs and wine .....it's good here :)
17 Oct 2013, 16:05
Welcome to our forum community Denwoman. I hope that you enjoy your time here, everyone is really lovely and super supportive. I wish you all the best with your 5:2 journey hun!
Love and peace,
Dreamer xx
17 Oct 2013, 16:15
Welcome Denwoman - I love it when the lurkers come out of the closet and join us properly !! You're very welcome - glad 5:2 is working for you - enjoy the banter here and hope to see you around the forum :clover:
17 Oct 2013, 17:20
carieoates wrote: @Denwoman welcome and good luck with your continued success. We have several things in common in that I am also too young, too tall and not ready for a 69. But we are in a club the 5.2 club. Fitbit next luvvy

Ooh yes! Welcome aboard and come and join us in the fitbit club :)
17 Oct 2013, 23:24
Thanks for all your welcoming messages and it is nice to come into the light from the dark of the "lurking closet"! It is amazing I could fit in there with all those unused clothes ha ha. Now ... when I said I wasn't a "complete dinosaur" I think I was being kind to myself. Maybe if I'm honest I'm a baby dinosaur as I am still trying to work my way around the forum. If I want to find the fitbit club as has been kindly suggested by carieoates and umiella do I just search fitbit club or is there a more direct way. Thanks
18 Oct 2013, 00:22
Welcome fellow Sydney-er :)
This forum is fab I wouldn't have got through my fast days without it!
Lil :heart:
23 posts Page 1 of 2