The FastDay Forum

The Foodies Corner

33 posts Page 2 of 3
Re: What's for Sunday dinner?
02 Jun 2013, 12:36
tonight we having beef and lentil stew with home made dumplings tomorrow is fast day so enjoying carbs today with a couple of glass of wine even cheese on bicuits before dinner ,stew worked out so I can have it tomorrow night with zero carb noodles extra veg to fit in my 500cals :smile:
02 Jun 2013, 12:58
Homemade pizza! I will make mine with a cauliflower crust - trying to keep the carbs down. Will top it with curry, chicken, mango chutney and lots of cheese.....
02 Jun 2013, 14:47
Chicken and ham pie, made with ham from our own pigs, several veg, roast potatoes, and a couple of glasses of wine. Then some green and blacks - I had a fun morning with a friend this week chocolate moulding, so lots of samples in a box in the fridge.
02 Jun 2013, 14:57
I'm having a very late lunch (7pm) at a very nice meze place with lots of alcohol and mainly seafood of the naughty/fried kind. I haven't eaten nothing but an ice cream for brunch.
02 Jun 2013, 15:03
Roast pork for me...sadly no crackling as they don't leave it on the meat here...dry roasted spuds and spicy roasted veg, lemon pudding to follow
02 Jun 2013, 15:33
Jemima - snap! :wink: Roast chicken with salad is just what I am having, as it is finally sunny and relatively warm here .. Will probably eat it outside in the back yard - first meal outside this year :doh:

Roast chicken is cooking in the oven now, with sage and butter - have tomatoes, cucumber, potatoes, parmesan ...
02 Jun 2013, 15:58
Lovely day here too at last...... Having roast chicken and roast potatoes with salad. Possibly a glass of red if there's any open. If not, I won't open a bottle because then it will have to be finished up. Trying not to indulge on weekdays and so far so good.
Looking forward to the first fast tomorrow since last Thursday week and trying a 5:2 16:8 combo.
Bet there's going to be a lot of post UK half term fasting going on tomorrow. Our waistbands will be ever so pleased :wink:
02 Jun 2013, 16:03
Pork tenderloin marinated in olive oil, salt, pepper & mixed herbs, roasted on a bed of apple & onion and served with goose fat roast spuds and plenty of veg (carrot, broccoli & leek I expect) with some lovely thick gravy. Maybe some Yorkshire puds on the side too. Yum!
02 Jun 2013, 17:04
nadiaj wrote: Homemade pizza! I will make mine with a cauliflower crust - trying to keep the carbs down. Will top it with curry, chicken, mango chutney and lots of cheese.....

whats a cauliflower crust?? we make homemade pizza making the dough in the breadmaker & the kids love it. cauliflower crust sounds interesting :victory:
02 Jun 2013, 17:27
TML13 wrote: I'm having a very late lunch ... I haven't eaten nothing but an ice cream for brunch.

Lol! *innocent face* :razz: :shock: :razz:
02 Jun 2013, 17:43
I am about to go and cook some sort of greek shepherds pie - I have lamb mince and some leftover feta, so we will see how it turns out.
02 Jun 2013, 18:51
Pork chop, Yorkshires, broccoli and sweetcorn. A 'throw it together from the fridge' kinda day today....

Claire
02 Jun 2013, 18:51
Stuffed!!! :confused: Just back from son and daughter in law's where we had roast beef, Yorkshire puds, roast potatoes, roasted veg and gravy. For pud we had meringues, cream and loads of fresh fruit. All washed down with some delicious red wine!!!!!! :lol:

You've got it.....fast day tomorrow!!! Just off to walk the dog!!!! :victory:

Everyone sounds to have had a brilliant time, good luck if your fast day is tomorrow. :heart:
02 Jun 2013, 18:52
We've just had strawberries, raspberries, cream and ice cream for dessert.

Yummy!! :grin:
02 Jun 2013, 19:01
It was a fast day but I REALLY enjoyed my dinner. I bought a wholefood salad in M&S (reduced). Quinoa/couscous with roasted butternut squash, peppers, broccoli and asparagus. I added some chicken, cherry tomatoes, a bit of avocado and a sprinkling of linseeds. First food in 24 hrs and it was delicious!
33 posts Page 2 of 3