The FastDay Forum

Weekly Poll

24 posts Page 2 of 2

Which foods do you eat most of on your fast days?

Fruits / berries
7%
Vegetables
32%
Starchy vegetables
2%
Meat
18%
Fish
10%
Eggs
17%
Dairy
6%
Whole grains
2%
Refined grains (eg white rice, pasta)
1%
Liquids only!
4%
Total votes : 322

I only put vegetables, but I don't eat meat/fish/dairy and the veggie alternatives I do eat were not on there - I generally eat some kind of beans, tofu, tempeh, nuts, seitan, quinoa etc. often as a stir fry or pho type soup with soba noodles/zero noodles. I also often have salad (in summer) or soup (in winter) with some nuts/humous and a chia pudding for dessert.
On 5:2 fast days I don't eat regular meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner etc.), but I snack all the time, like literally all the time, allthough I don't eat until 2 o'clock. When I get hungry before 2, I drink black coffee. Then when I start with the feast I eat a huge amount of egg whites, or cottage cheese with cucumber, a bowl of frozen fruit and when I am still hungry I eat celery. That is how I get it through the day, even though I just started :lol:
Hope this 5:2 is easy to maintain, because I already eat this food every day, even when I wasn't even dieting. :smile:
Welcome @fastfaster

Your fast day foods sound pretty fine - but whatever works for you on your fast days is good. You could consider adding more salad (non starchy) veggies to the mix, for variety and extra nutrition.

How long have you been following 5:2?

Just curious - in what form do you eat the egg whites? And what do you do with your eggs yolks?? Although the yolk I assume has more calories, it also has nutrition.

Good luck and best wishes! :clover: :smile:
Welcome and good luck, fastfaster! when I first started I was having an egg for breakfast and then not eating until dinner. I've gradually drifted more to nibbling all day...

As Sassy1 says, whatever works!
I mostly eat vegetables and fish , drinking plenty of water and make my own strawberry smoothies.
Fat like yogurt and some vegetable and drink lots of water.
https://theyumyumclub.com/
Fast day I mostly eat High protein foods like vegetables and fruits. Usually eat Diluted foods like fresh juice. typical 500-calorie fasting day might include oatmeal with fresh blueberries for breakfast, a tangerine for a snack, and vegetable stir-fry for dinner https://www.lolacovington.com/.
I mostly like to eat meat, yogurt, eggs, fish, chicken popcorn, fries, fruits and drink fresh juice on my fast day.
24 posts Page 2 of 2