The FastDay Forum

Weight Maintenance

15 posts Page 1 of 1
Auriga's Maintenance Journal
09 Apr 2014, 17:04
Well here I am in maintenance at 56k and hoping to stay below that weight. I am not sure how far below 56k I should be....so this is all uncharted territory!
So now my new journey with 4:3 begins. What questions arise? The first is.....
when to switch to 5:2? Too soon yet, but we shall see.
My first objective is to get to 54k if I can and give myself some room for errors. I am sure I am going to make some. :bugeyes: With fingers crossed I am in maintenance. :crossed:
If you'd like to join our select band of maintainers @callyanna, @stowgateresident @wendy darling I'm sure we'll welcome you with open arms xx
I hope it goes smoothly for you :clover:

Congratulations on your new status as a Maintainer :smile:
Congratulations, Auriga! What an achievement! :star: :star: :star: :star:

You would be very welcome to join our little group, if you would like to, although, as the newbie in the group, perhaps it's not really up to me! :smile:

I struggle with maintenance, always have, just because my willpower deserts me as soon as I hit my target - plus I am a really greedy person!

Good luck as you start the second phase of this wonderful WOL!
Well done @auriga come on down :smile:
PennyForthem wrote: If you'd like to join our select band of maintainers @callyanna, @stowgateresident @wendy darling I'm sure we'll welcome you with open arms xx

Oh! Thank you so much @PennyForthem and I would love to join you all! :heart:
Welcome to our little maintaineering band Auriga! We all seem to have lots in common and it's lovely to be able to keep in touch and share each others' experiences! xx
Well I am definitely maintaining in here, but I do so want a bit of wiggle room! I am trying a much longer fasting window now. Experiment in progress. :geek:
Definitely maintaining rather than losing more.....and I had to go back to 16:8 because 19:5 was just a bit too much and didn't fit too well with what hubby and I do generally.
I am now being extra careful about calorie content on fast days as I think the amount might have been creeping up, (well I know it has!) :hence maintenance and not weight loss.
We have both noticed that we can't eat the amount we used to and neither can we drink a lot of alcohol (red wine) without feeling just pretty awful the next day! Being smaller means smaller volume in food & drink too!
My 'wiggle' room seems a hard thing to get! :confused:
Well done on maintaineering!
Auriga wrote: neither can we drink a lot of alcohol (red wine) without feeling just pretty awful the next day! Being smaller means smaller volume in food & drink too!
My 'wiggle' room seems a hard thing to get! :confused:

Same thing with alcohol in our household. We never drank a lot, and a bottle of wine usually lasted over several evenings. Now alas we are throwing away some as it has gone off before we finish the bottle (and I have a pretty high tolerance for wine which is past its best).

I also would like a little more wiggle room, but it's all a matter of fine-tuning. I do think maintaining is getting easier (hoping that's not tempting fate to say that!)
When I was reading Nicky-94's post (I think it was Nicky's) about not losing any more weight in maintenance, even though trying to do so, I realised something.......light bulb moment. I have suddenly become aware that the muscles in my arms are getting a bit bigger and the muscles in my lower legs. Now I am not training or exercising much, except for a bit of walking and standing more rather than sitting around. At 63 my muscles were a bit skimpy to say the least.......I think they're growing!! Crikey this is a bit weird!
Maybe this is why, although I am still doing a modified 4:3, I am maintaining my weight but getting a bit slimmer. It's the muscle weight!
:lamp:
Now I know that this WOE has some effects but growing muscles when you aren't really trying to do so and in someone my age?????? What's going on???
Very well done and it all sounds wonderful. Hope for the rest of us then :0)
Auriga, well done on maintaining. Perhaps you are doing more than you realise and gently toning up your muscles in the process? I wonder if other fasters can relate to this. I popped into May maintaining tent earlier - I have a little way to go yet and don't know my target till I get there - but as I see it forewarned is forearmed.
Still maintaining in the 56k to 57k zone. I tried a 24hr fast yesterday and doing the same tomorrow, just giving the old body a shock or two before my holiday in France!
Good luck fellow maintainers....... :victory:
After my holiday to France I weighed 58k,(and believe me I ate for England) but after only two fasts it's back down to 57k........quite a miracle really. Fasting again today to get back into the 56-57k zone.
I think I may have re-set my weight thermostat to a lower setting already, but early days so not counting my chickens.
15 posts Page 1 of 1