The FastDay Forum

Weight Maintenance

9 posts Page 1 of 1
I reached my target of 10 stone 7 pounds on 7th July this year, having started 5:2 at the end of January and losing 23 and a quarter pounds. I decided to allow myself two pounds either side of my target weight for maintenance.

All went well until four weeks ago when some relatives from Canada came to stay! I can't blame them for my over-indulgence in cakes, puddings, sweets and chocolate - that is just down to pure greed on my part and having a good excuse to throw caution to the wind!

The net result is a gain of four and a half pounds! I know that this can't all be the return of hard-to-shift fat but it is a little disheartening! :cry: However, the family left on Saturday and I did my first fast for five or six weeks yesterday (Sunday) so I am hopeful that my target weight will be restored within the next couple of weeks. :smile:

It has served as a useful reminder to me on the importance of continuing regular weekly weigh-ins - even when one reaches the maintenance stage. Had I done so, I am sure that I wouldn't have allowed my 'permitted' two pounds variation to turn into four and a half! On the plus side, in my many years of serial dieting, I would have previously just carried on eating, now though I am back on the 5:2 trail before the molehill turns into a mountain!

The moral of this story is that I am still not in that happy place where my tastes have changed for good so, until they do (did someone mention that it can take up to two years?) I must remember to 'KEEP AN EYE ON THE SCALES!'

Wish me luck!
Good for you for picking it back up again. Bet it will not take you long to get back into the swing..... :like:
Congrats on reaching yr goal weight and keeping there til yr visitors ..i am sure the treats were well worth the small gain.
Its good you got right back on track after enjoying the goodies!
My theory is when you reach goal( still a far away concept for me!) just keep an eye on things like you said and remedy the situation fast like youre doing if there's a creep up of a few pounds
Much much easier to shed a recently gained few pounds than to suddenly find self in the depressing situation where youve ignored that creep up and suddenly you have a few stone to lose
Prevention is better than cure:0) x
But isn't it fantastic knowing that you can get to the weight that you want to be - and next time I'm sure you'll keep your eyes on the scales a bit more regularly. 4+ lbs is nothing compared with what you've shed and know that you can be rid of... so don't fret. Back on 5:2 for a while and you'll be back to where you want to be. :smile:
Missed you Stowgate......and it looks like you missed us. It's great that you are back and you know how to solve your problem before that molehill becomes a mountain1 Now, that's where losing weight on 5:2 is different from going on a diet.
Hiya and Welcome back :heart:
Had wondered where you'd gone, great advice i do think we need caution, but at least you had a good time with the relations and you have the tools to mend the damage done.
Well done on admitting yout very small gain :clover: Sue
Excellent advice, and better to learn it when you're 4lbs up than 8 ;)
I know the times in life I've put on the most weight has been when I've stopped weighing.
Me too, I know that I have to keep ontop of things. I have a tighter range than you (I'm more recently at target) - 500g = 16:8, 1kg = fast & there is NO DEVIATING

You'll be back on track soon :like:
Thanks for all your very supportive comments. I've missed you all, too. I'm looking on this gain as a small blip, rather than a total disaster, so I have learned something from this WOE.
9 posts Page 1 of 1