The FastDay Forum

Weight Maintenance

9 posts Page 1 of 1
How am I doing on maintenance
08 Oct 2013, 12:54
Hi! There's been a lot going on at work recently so I haven't been posting. I have hit my goal weight some time at the end of July. Since then I've been able to keep at it with 2lbs difference at each end. I'm still weighing myself every day and logging results on to Libra. That way I can see if I can loosen up or have to cut back a bit. In one week we had a relative visiting and I have totally let myself go and ate probably around 2500/3000 ckal a day, and all bad stuff like cake (lots of it). Of course, I have put on weight but managed to lose it after a couple of weeks of fasting and reasonable food intake. In the last couple of weeks I didn't fast at all. I wasn't able to due to high level of stress and busy time at work. During that time I was skipping breakfast and ate just small lunch and dinner. Plus some cake or biscuits to calm my nerves. All in all I didn't find maintaining that hard, but only if I keep one eye on my weight.

Also since the end of July I've been lifting weights with Venus Index program. I must say I'm loving it. I love the feeling during and after exercises. I love how my body looks. Although still far from being ripped and muscular I did manage to get some definition in my thighs, arms and shoulders. Despite being at the same weight I see the difference in how my body looks and feels.

The busiest time at work is over and I can focus back on improving myself and my body. I'm going back to weight losing mode and to fasting. My new goal is set up at 57kg, which I have never been before. So this will be a completely new territory for me. I'm going to continue to lift weights and see where the combination of the two will take me.
Well done on maintaining! I wouldn't expect a great deal of weight loss while weight training and you may even gain a little. Don't be put off by the weight gain because it won't be fat, you will be seeing more muscle definition. Do take measurements (pictures too) so you can be assured as you progress. Good luck and keep us posted! :)
Hi gorba :heart:
Well done on maintaining the quite a while now :like:
Good. Luck in reaching your new goal weight :clover: Sue. :clover:
Hi Gorba. Congrats on your maintenance. Please can you share a little more about the Venus Index, how you started, what you do, how I can get started. I really need to build muscle and I hate cardio but I'm struggling to find a good way to get going on weights. Is it a class? DVD's? Sorry too many questions :bugeyes: :bugeyes:
Hi Gorba, nice to see you posting again and you seem to be doing very well, which is always nice to read, Keep posting, it's good to catch up,

Ballerina x :heart:
Thanks for all your comments! They give me a positive kick :smile:

Rawkaren you can read about Venus Index on their web page: http://www.venusindex.com/

After I've paid the entry fee of £36 at the time, I gained access to the on-line based workout and diet program and the community, for life. There are no DVD's or books, everything is available on member's on-line account: exercise videos, tutorials, written materials and the 12 week exercise program. The community/forum is particularly helpful and no one problem is left without answer. Workouts can be done at home or in the gym. I prefer doing mine at home. It gives me so much comfort and saves me money because I don't have to pay for the gym membership any more. I had to buy some equipment though:
- bench (£40)
- dumbbells and barbell sets (£80)
- stability ball (£10)

All in all I am very happy with the investment I've made. I think Venus Index is good for people like me, who have never lifted weights before and don't know where to start (and don't want to go to the gym and stand beside all those bulked up men :smile: )
Thanks Gorba. Does that mean you access the video workouts on-line and do you download them or access them (like the Ballet Beautiful website)? I have dumbells and a stability ball, so I might need to invest in a bench if I can find room to put it.
Yes, all videos are available on-line. Manuals and the workout plan can be downloaded and printed out.
I've got one of those folding benches from York Fitness. It can be tucked under the bed or in the cupboard if not needed.
Personally I think girly oriented exercise plans are marvellous - once had one which was called "10 minutes to a Scarlett O'Hara waist" or some such, and it was absolutely brilliant - evil twist crunches and the like (USian publication, lent it to someone and never had it back)!

So went off to look up your Venus Factor with much anticipation, but I'm afraid it hit a very loud 'NO', for me, pretty quickly - apparently my waist is meant to be 38% of my height? (http://getvenusfactor.org/)...

... there's no hope of my *ever* getting to a 22 inch waist - but all the very best with your programme :) FatDog Slimmer
9 posts Page 1 of 1