The FastDay Forum

Weight Maintenance

67 posts Page 5 of 5
Re: Maintaining: April 2015
27 Apr 2015, 21:47
I'm not supposed to be here - I am currently a loser not a maintainer. I have just a few wayward pounds to shift (I'm slowly getting so accustomed to that British term that I used it myself :wink: ).
But I had to post after reading the recent discussion on breakfast. I'm generally a breakfast eater, except for fast days. I usually have a small bowl of greek yogurt with a spoon of jam and maybe granola. But my husband eats dry cereal, and this corn flake package just irritates the hell out of me! All sorts of things stated as if unquestionably factual when they aren't. To make it all the worse, there is no fiber and virtually no nutritional value in this product. Grrr!!

IMG_0696.JPG
27 Apr 2015, 22:18
Re breakfast, I guess my point is that for some people it may well be an important meal, and that perhaps we need to be clearer about this when so many on this forum proclaim the benefits to them of skipping this meal. (A S-S does present a good case for breakfast; I have just not relayed it!) I know of course that everyone is talking about their own experience, and that, as a reader, we have to be aware of this and work out what is best for ourselves - but in our desire to find (easy) weight loss strategies, we might end up not evaluating information properly.

And we know that there are MANY people who join this forum but don't stay.

I do recommend reading her book. :)
27 Apr 2015, 22:29
Agreed, @Sassy1! No one in my family (except me) could go without breakfast without serious repercussions.
It is inappropriate to proclaim "You're better off with breakfast" and equally wrong to say "Just skip breakfast if you want to lose weight."
28 Apr 2015, 12:17
Now that the weather is cooler I tend to have breakfast of Greek yoghurt with a nutty, homemade granola or porridge and skip the odd lunch instead. As a family we eat breakfast together so I'd also miss the social aspect (plus it means one less lunch to prepare or plan).
28 Apr 2015, 15:37
breakfast-loose-weight-300x210.png
breakfast-loose-weight-300x210.png (28.63 KiB) Viewed 500 times
30 Apr 2015, 08:13
I am still bumping along at the top of my range, cutting down if the scales are unkind and usually knowing why!
So all in all a successful month. Maybe I'll get nearer the bottom of the range as summer arrives and salads look a little more appealing , but I'm not stressing about it.
30 Apr 2015, 08:51
Maintenance Month 010

Goal weight 120 lbs, maintenance range 118 - 222, method 7 x 19/5

Entry weight 118, exit weight 119, average 118.76
Highest 121 (1 day), lowest 118 (15 days).

Chuffed.
67 posts Page 5 of 5