The FastDay Forum

Weight Maintenance

67 posts Page 5 of 5
Re: Maintaining January 2015
28 Jan 2015, 09:10
Manderley wrote: Maybe my control freak personality but the fact that I can't enter my weight in the tracker (it keeps asking me if I wrote it right and don't count it doesn't help....

I do understand why most trackers for weight change forums won't tolerate lower BMI numbers - it's probably because of the number of pro-Ana sites that encourage girls towards anorexia or other Eating Disorders as a lifestyle.

The Tracker doesn't allow you to enter a number that calculates your BMI as < 18.55, as far as I can tell. It's not optimal, but I enter the nearest weight it will tolerate (I think that's 7stone 12 for me) and make a note in the notes section of the data of what the actual weigh-in was (e.g., 105lbs). However, it means that the tracker isn't correct, so I'd probably be as well off finally identifying a trend weight analysis app. that works on one of my devices and using that rather than the tracker here.
28 Jan 2015, 09:20
I do understand the reasons but you can imagine how it feels just on a purely psychological level. Before I was obese so not in the right category, now I am underweight so not in the right category, AGAIN, and I am there for more than a year, my body seems to really really like that weight. I just need 500g to go from 18.44 to 18.61 so be in the good category (the normal one, where it's good) but can't put on these 500g on. I don't go on a scale more than once a month at most because of it. It has become an obsession, I get stressed out which makes it worse as stress tend to make me lose weight now....
31 Jan 2015, 09:18
Last day of the month and I am still in my maintainance range. I am delighted as I have had a difficult month in non food areas. :victory: :victory: :victory:
31 Jan 2015, 10:51
106.8lbs which is :cool: and within my range of 105-110lbs tho' my trend is moving up a little. However, I'm not sure if that's swelling related to repeated subluxations of knees and shoulders, so...
31 Jan 2015, 12:53
Weighing in on the last day of the month 0.7 of a pound under my target weigh of 147 pounds. Only one fast this week and that was last Monday, so I am happy with that! :victory:
Hope that all you other maintainers out there are equally satisfied. If not, do something about it before your molehill turns into a mountain! :cry:
31 Jan 2015, 18:40
Maintenance Month 007; goal weight 120 lbs; method 7 x 19/5

Entry weight 123; exit weight 122; average 122.55
Highest 125 (1 day); lowest 121 (2 days).

I have adopted daily weighing this year and find it less stressful than once a week as it shows I am fairly stable at 2.5 lbs above goal. I note the weight but do not consciously decide to adjust my eating in any way. I have accepted I may not see 120 lbs again until spring when I will be able to undertake my longer walks.
31 Jan 2015, 23:06
I was 142 the last time I weighed in not fasting, 140 after the last fast on last Monday. I took this week off because I really am hitting the wall with fasting and obsessing about what I eat. So I ditched the Thurs fast.

I'll fast Monday, but perhaps at 700 cals not 430. My body has been showing all the signs of famine response, so time to calm it down a bit.
67 posts Page 5 of 5