The FastDay Forum

Weight Maintenance

10 posts Page 1 of 1
As I'm now happily in maintenance mode, most of my clothes have become useless.

I guess this way of eating is affecting my wardrobe considerably. I have to admit I've become obsessed with learning about clothes, reading style blogs and forums and checking out clothes consistently.

I don't plan going back to be that, sadly, normal person who gains and looses weight from time to time, since this way of living is so livable I actually expect to stay at around BMI 20.

No reason to dress like most men do, in some kind of "mixed urban casual sport/outdoor/business" mode where it doesn't matter if your clothes doesn't actually fit.

Nope, I'm going for high quality timeless classical men style, not fashion. Fashion changes all the time, but for about a century the classical style has basically been the same with only minor adaptations, it'll probably be the same for the rest of my life.

It's jackets and blazers, fitted trousers, hats etc. Which of course makes it necessary to get high quality shoes, since mixing the common urban casual with classic style only makes you look like you're pretending to be some creative wannabe hipster. If you get one quality item, any accessory of lower quality screams out loudly and has to be eliminated.

I'm lucky to have found a great and very reasonably priced tailor, since it's impossible for anyone to ge a truly fitting jacket, suit or even a shirt off the rack.

You other people in maintenance, or those getting closer to it, have this diet changed how you think about your clothing style?
Oh the joy to be in maintenance for clothes! Last time I was there, I bought less clothes but I was prepared to pay more for great quality classics (and a few designer labels) like you plan to do. Luckily I kept them, so they will be still perfect for when I get there (and hopefully stay there this time) :like:

Happy shopping!
well done Michael H - Hope to be joing the BMI 20 group soon enough and I'll tell you then what I'll do - wear the millions of clothes I haven't fitted into for 2 years. I hope to hit BMI 20 on the 20th December
Yes, it has - a lot.
I used to go everywhere in jeans and non descript tee shirts, trying to blend into the background.
Now, when I go out, I'm wearing skinny trousers, tucked into boots, and much more eye catching tops. I've also grown my hair - someone told me a while ago, that 'only my eyes are the same'!!

If I worked in an office environment, I'd probably go for more tailored look, but the chutneys don't care what I wear, as I'm swathed in overalls during the working day!
Definitely. I used to wear loose trousers, tops and long cardigans but now I wear skinny jeans and more fitted tops. For work I bought a complete new wardrobe of fitted dresses from Alexon and Planet and pencil skirts from Austin Reed, worn with vest tops and little cardigans or jackets. I feel so much more confident and happy to emphasise my slimmer figure.
I love the sound of your new wardrobe, Michael. Oh to be there! I dream of expensive classic dresses. Or even making them myself. I do have a red woolen suit put away, made by me 20 years ago. One day.....
Oh yes. I no longer obsess about having a jacket, blazer, or big shirt to cover pot belly and big hips. (Except where necessary in the winter to be warm!)
I recently went shopping for a party dress and it was FUN. I hate shopping, so it was a wonderful surprise.

I've still got 5-6kg to go, so I'm not doing much buying yet - but when I do, I'm going to go really good quality and keep my wardrobe small. I know I'll easily maintain now, and I also find it easier to spend money on something that I actually like how I look when I wear it.
Congratulations Michael H, both on being in maintenance and also for aspiring to a good wardrobe! Great thread everyone! I love hearing these clothing stories. :victory: to all of you!

Right now, I'm so excited just to have my clothing fitting better! Things are definitely getting very loose on me! I think my shopping days are coming up for sure, but for now I'll stick to thrift and secondhand shops since it'll take me a while to get where I really want to be. Plus, I love a good deal!

Today, I wore my belt to hold up a skirt, and I've been wearing it all the time to hold up my jeans. The next thing though that I really need to buy is underwear! There's no getting a belt to hold that up :oops: :doh: :lol:
I'm very close to maintenance so have already started shopping for a new wardrobe. For context, I used to be size 18-20 and now am size 8-10. I've always been very interested in fashion (not high steeet, "trendy" fashion but my own style of fashion) and I've always been very aware of what suits me and my sense of style. But I've never been able to wear "my" kind of clothes because my figure was too big and I had to resort of whatever floaty, baggy clothes I could find that hid my figure. Now no more! Fitted, sleek, trim, high quality clothes all the way for me now. I love being able to go into a small independent designer's store and know something I like will fit me. I'm having loads of fun shopping at the moment :-)
10 posts Page 1 of 1