The FastDay Forum

Weight Maintenance

4 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone! *waves*

Just hit target. 45lbs gone. Maintaining is totally new territory for me as my previous weight losses have been with Slimming World which didn't teach me anything about portion size or reducing my intake of carbs. I'm a lot more clued up now - and I run too....

The last pound has taken me a fortnight to lose, whereas the weight was previously coming off at around 2lb a week so I'm thinking that my body is actually quite happy with the current food intake vs exercise programme that I'm using so I'm not actually going to change anything for a couple of weeks to see what happens......
Hi, *waves back* don't be shy, come in, you'll like it in here, we are all just as friendly and supportive as the others who are still on the way.

Congratulations on getting to where you are and good luck with the maintenance, however you choose to do it. Like 5:2, there are a million different ways to do it so again you will be back to experimenting till you find the perfect way for you but the nice thing is, you WILL find it, so, good luck and keep us updated, :like:

Ballerina x :heart:
Hey Welcome in Domane :) :)

The door is always open here :)

I think I changed nothing for the first couple of weeks either, but then I found I carried on losing & I didn't really want to :shock:

As you will have seen on the other threads, I enjoy fasting on a Monday but have been known to reduce it down to a 16:8 if my weight is too low. On the other hand if I weigh more than I would like then Thursday is always there for a 16:8 or a second fast (as yet I haven't needed the second fast yet :))

In any case, my tastebuds have changed SO dramatically now that I no longer want to eat the things that I thought I would (I LOVE zero noodles :shock:)

Glad you've joined us :heart:
A very warm welcome to you Domane. Congratulations on your amazing weight loss :like:

Like you and AnnieD I carried on fasting to begin with but I agree with AnnieD that this WOE changes your eating habits which helps with maintenance.

Having said that I am enjoying chocolate and wine this evening, but I know that tomorrow is another day.... :wink:
4 posts Page 1 of 1