The FastDay Forum

Weight Maintenance

10 posts Page 1 of 1
I can't believe that it's now three months since I reached my target which was 10st 7lbs - time is flying by so quickly!

I have been posting on my progress each month as I find it helpful to hear how others are getting on.
October was an exciting and busy month for me as I started a new job which was a big promotion so I think my initial nervousness helped me lose a few pounds. I have settled in now and am enjoying it. The only downside is that it is too far to commute every day so I am staying away during the week and miss my lovely OH, but it nice when I get home at the weekend :wink:

In respect of my eating patterns I have continued as I did last month which means no fasting days at all. As I have reported previously my body has been reset by this WOE so I just eat when I am hungry. My weight is two pounds below target now so this seems to be working for me.

The only concern I have is that my normal winter carbohydrate cravings may start soon as it's getting colder, so I am planning to go back to fasting again maybe one day a week to keep this under control. I do still weigh myself every day.

I am so happy that I seem to be able to maintain my weight as I have never been able to do so before - this WOE is amazing :smile: :smile:
:heart: Hi windsinger :heart:
That is such a inspireational story to read about your journey 3months on well done on the maintenance and great news that you've settled into your new job which alone was pressure its such a great feeling being in control of our food rather than the other way around :clover: Sue. :clover:
Congrats on settling into your new role. Great that you are maintaining well. I can't wait to get there. :like: :like: :like:
Very well done career-wise and weight-wise :0)
Your weight is where I'd like to be, please may I enquire what height you are?
Well done you :)

I'm one month behind you as I reached target weight mid-August, I then dipped below target & am now regarding target weight as maximum weight, so I stay below that and when I get back up to it then I pop a fast in & down I go again ......... it really is MAGIC

I too am concerned about Christmas as we have friends staying for a whole week so we'll no doubt be eating HUGE amounts :( & to make matters worse I've got 2 separate weeks away on business before then, eating three meals a day in the company of other people so difficult to fast or even 16:8 :(
Hey ho, worst case scenario I'll put a few kilos off & then have to get back into line during January/February at least I KNOW that I can do it :)

Like I say MAGIC :like:
Lovely to read about a Sustainer-maintainer!! Congrats on the new job, boooo that it keeps you away from OH all week, but sounds like you are enjoying it.

I'm only a month into maintenance and already less panicked than I was in that first week. The carb cravings have hit me HARD in the past couple of weeks so I'm trying high-fat, very low carb to see whether that will help me to feel fuller. Only started yesterday and it is difficult giving up the sugar as that's not a good mix with high fat :(

I've already decided that I'm going to crack down and lose some weight BEFORE Crimbo so that I can relax and enjoy. This year I have my youngest and her OH coming to stay so I'm really looking forward to that. She's been dieting and 5:2'ing as well so we'll both be a bit wary of what we eat! lol
Well done - goal weight reached AND maintaining. Glad this WOL is working out for you :clover:
Thanks everyone for your kind words - this forum is such a great place :smile:

Azureblue - I am 5' 5". I set my target at a higher BMI than many others have done but I wanted something that I can maintain reasonably easily at my age - 51. I wear a UK size 12 now and that is perfect for me.

AnnieD - I agree with your approach. Christmas will be difficult but I know I can lose any festive pounds easily in January.

Domane - I was the same as you to begin with - afraid to stop 5:2 in case I slipped back to my old ways. It does get easier. I think you are right to lose a few pounds before Christmas as buffer and I will join you in that. Time to amend my Christmas Club target!
Thanks m'dear. I'm 2" taller and 10 years older so perhaps I am where I should be now. Body happy but brain grumbling!
Love hearing maintenance stories. Keep them coming, please!
10 posts Page 1 of 1