The FastDay Forum

Weight Maintenance

51 posts Page 4 of 4
Re: How to maintain weight?
15 Jul 2013, 05:42
Perhaps I was tempting fate, but I sat down and wrote out a maintenance plan for when I hit my goal weight about 10kg from now. If nothing else, it made me realize how all over the place my head is atm. I'm not sure my goal weight will be my final goal weight (though it was necessary for me to set a lower limit of what that might be), and I really have no idea how I'll maintain. What I wrote down ended up looking like one of those complicated decision flow charts (basically, is this working? if yes- keep doing it; if no- try xyz instead). I guess that's the reality for most people. For the record, 6:1 was the first thing I would try.
16 Jul 2013, 01:42
I was on a traditional calorie reduced & exercise diet for the first half of 2013, and after losing 13kgs I hit my goal weight on 12 June.

I first read about the 5:2 diet earlier this year and was interested, but didn't want to change what I was doing as it was working. Since reaching my goal weight I've put on a couple kilos, so started the 5:2 diet this week in the hope I'll get back to my goal weight.

Once there, I'll have to experiment with maintenance. Either 5:2 or 6:1, as I suspect there will be over-eating on feast days! Worryingly, it seems to be all or none for me, so I like the idea of fasting days where I'm not allowed to over-indulge.
14 Aug 2013, 21:07
My ribs were starting to show , so hit maintenance mode. I figure the important thing is the cells have no protein overnight, so are forced to 'repair mode'. For this reason I now fast from 2pm to following morning twice a week. Will wait to check I'm gaining weight wioth that. Easier than 52, though does mean I can't save calories to use for an afternoon biscuit :frown:
14 Aug 2013, 21:13
Hi Paul,

I will be interested to see how you get on with that. I assume that you are having approximately a 16 hour fast twice a week.

Ballerina x :heart:
15 Aug 2013, 23:34
I can't believe I'm writing this, but I'm thinking about maintenance mode.

I know you shouldn't count calories etc, but I have for the last 3 weeks, so I know what work for me.
I should hit target in about 6 weeks, so I plan, then, on eating a 100 cals extra per day, recording what I eat and my weight each day.
I shall report back!
15 Aug 2013, 23:53
I've been in maintenance for 6 weeks now and find that I'm weighing myself every morning and recording it on a calendar. When my weight creeps up over the goal weight, I schedule a fast day for next one that I was doing on 5:2 (Mon or Thurs). That seems to do the trick for me, but, of course, we're all different.
51 posts Page 4 of 4