The FastDay Forum

Weight Maintenance

13 posts Page 1 of 1
I was in Venice Italy from 3/22-3/29 , did not fast, ate and walked a lot. My last fast had been 3/16. Curious that I did not gain any weight despite gorging myself with delicious Italian food as well as dunking pastries in cappuccinos. Was surprised. Fasted today straight 24 hours from 8 PM to 8 PM. I find this very reasonable and it work well for me.
That's good news. Sounds as though you had a blast in Venice! Thanks for posting this- I am really looking forward to hearing how people get on in maintenance. It's ironing to be a long time before I get there. I'll content myself with enjoying the journey.
Hi Lillirose, Good to have you back on the forum. Sounds like your Spring break was very enjoyable - Venice is on my bucket list!
Thanks Dhana and Janeg. It doesn't take long. I joined on 3/13. Lost another pound after yesterday's fast. We're in this together!!
Hiya and welcome back!
Great news that you didn't gain any weight!
Here's wishing that your next holiday comes sooner than you plan and that you won't gain any weight during it!!!
Thanks . Its amazing how the weight is dropping very slowly but steadily. I love Greece and my granddaughter's father is from Athens!
Really? We're practically related then! :-)
WOW... you're just lucky. You say you did walk a lot, so that probably made up for it.
But since my return, I have gained 2 pounds despite fasting. I think my problem is I fast 24 hours, but supper is over 50 calories. I am going to try a modest supper and then another 12 hours before I eat normally.Its a struggle, at times I lose then nothing.
Well done lillirose - to go that time without putting on weight is really good, especially with Italian food to tempt you! Welcome back and good luck with the continued journey
For the first time since I started I have not lost over the last week either, rather , I have gained a little (one pound). I have been looking at the progress trackers of people with similar stats to mine and have been encouraged to see that the majority have had dips and plateaux on the sometimes rocky road to a slimmer body. :victory: You mentioned that you have not been calorie counting so if you manage to keep your fast days to around 500cals (bulk it up with loads of veggies and a little protein, perhaps?) that might do the trick. :clover:
Yes thank you. I will start doing that. How do you manage your fast days? Nice to hear from both of you.
13 posts Page 1 of 1