The FastDay Forum

Weight Maintenance

5 posts Page 1 of 1
It is a month since I reached my target weight. I planned to move straight to 6:1 and then I read a post recommending eating during a 6 to 7 hour window and thought it worth a go as that is what I am doing most days anyway. Generally, I now eat between 12 noon and 7pm, with one or two days a week not counting calories but still eating very sparingly.
A month on, I find that although I think I have been over-indulging more than I should on sweet things and (hic) booze, I have actually lost a tiny bit more weight and another half inch off my waist.
Two conclusions:
Firstly, the WOL is now entrenched and even when I think I have had a greedy day I am, in fact, still eating less on a daily basis than before I began 5:2.
Secondly, my body is continuing to process the weight reduction and distributing the fat more evenly.
Result. Well pleased but no room for complacency so will continue to monitor!
Off to Italy at the end of the week, and do not plan to do any calorie counting while I am there. :cool:
Firstly, congrats on getting there! That must feel great. And it's interesting to know there's a kind of a "7:0" option as well as 6:1 for the longterm, which I hope to reach too in due course. Have a great time in Italy!
Good morning everyone,

I have been doing the 8 hour feeding window since I reached my target weight some weeks ago. The reality is more like a 5-6 hour window and sometimes even less. I never eat breakfast as I never want it so no hardship there and I never snack late at night which, again, is easy.

I found as I was approaching my target weight that my fast days were turning into 8 hour windows as well.

This way of life is perfect for me but it may not suit everyone as food is such an individual thing but the big thing about 5:2 is experiment, and then experiment some more til you find the way that is comfortable and sustainable for you. My husband can't do this as he craves breakfast from the moment he opens his eyes.

Not only have I not put on any weight since doing a 7:7 window, I actually find it hard to gain and I eat whatever I want and as much as I want, some times I have over eaten to a painful degree and still my weight is rock steady. So, if you fancy this, try it, it may be for you, or not, but you'll never know til you have a go!

Good luck,

Ballerina x
Thanks NoraBoswell and Ballerina for letting us know how you're both getting on with maintaining your weight. It's interesting that you have both arrived at a very similar way of approaching it. I have half a stone until I reach that happy place but it's very informative to hear of other people's experience, so keep us posted on your ongoing WOE.
Sounds good, good, goooooood!!!
It's good to know that we have options to choose from. Even if I know that I am a 4 or 5 meals person, others might find this easier than 6:1.
5 posts Page 1 of 1