The FastDay Forum

Weight Maintenance

6 posts Page 1 of 1
Time flies by - I can't believe that it is over eight months since I started this WOE and two months since I reached my target.

I aim to post monthly about my experience of maintenance as I found it helpful to hear about others when I was still on the journey to target.

As I was still at the top end of the healthy BMI range I did continue fasting in the first month post target but missed some days. My weight stayed stable which was very pleasing :grin:

In September I had a wonderful week's holiday in Cornwall. I managed 16:8 on some days and tried to be sensible but I returned three pounds heavier. From what I had learned on this forum I knew that this gain must be mostly water as I had eaten more carbs than usual and had had lots of exercise. So I had a week of 5:2 and happily those pesky pounds disappeared :victory:

For the rest of the month I haven't fasted much but have eaten only when I am hungry. I am now two pounds below target and have lost half an inch off my hips this week. I have also been busy at work and at home which helped.

I am convinced that my appetite has been reset by this WOE so it is easy to eat only when hungry and I don't find myself craving sweet snacks as I used to. I also firmly believe that alternating fasting and feeding days has prevented my body from going into starvation mode so I haven't regained weight quickly as I did when reaching target on previous diets.

My plan is to try 6:1 every week as winter is approaching and I normally want carbs instead of salads in cold weather. I expect that I will feel the cold more than usual as I have lost almost 30lbs of insulation :smile: I will step up to 5:2 if I start to gain weight. I want to continue with some fasting for the health benefits and also to keep up the practice as it was hard when I first started.

Thanks again to everyone on this forum - I would not be in this happy situation without your support :like:
Congratulations on maintaining Windsinger. :like:
I think, just as a plan is needed to lose, so a plan is needed to maintain - and you have one you will be successful :like:
:clover:
Thank you for sharing your experience Windsinger. It's wonderful to hear how well you're doing. :like: Getting nearer to maintenance it helps to hear how others are managing it. Look forward to your monthly reports and wish you all the best! :heart:
You sound so sensible windsinger! Well done! :heart:
I will be looking out for your progress and maintaining since I am on the long haul to reach target, maybe 5 lbs to go. So keep posting, as it really helps to read about your maintenance plan.
For me, in spite of slow weight loss, % fat and measurements are still changing minutely but I am still amazed at my new figure.
I am also with you about this being the way to have control for ever, and is something that has changed my appetite and (still enjoyable) approach to food. :like:
Interesting point you've made about losing your insulation. I am feeling the cold more now and my usual autumn jacket, as well as being too big, is going to have to be replaced by one of those downie things. Will be great to hear how you manage maintenance, especially as so many more of us are now a lot nearer our goals and hopefully will be doing the same, very soon! Congratulations on reaching your goal weight and best of luck in keeping it. :clover:
Today is my 6 monthaversary and I have been on maintenance 1.5 months. I had a vaca just before reaching goal, gained, then lost the weight quickly and reached goal shortly thereafter. My original goal was 140 (20 lbs total), my Dr. said, no better make it 145, and I settled on 142 as a compromise. :lol: Since reaching goal, I have not done a 24 hr fast. It seems all I need is 3 16 hr fast days a week and that does it. I really want the health bennies though, so may want to try one fast day a week and see how that goes.

This has been a wonderful experience for me, and, like you, windsinger, I have learned when I am really hungry and eat then. And the information and support from this forum has been incredible!

Good luck to all as we continue our journeys! :clover:
6 posts Page 1 of 1