The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

41 posts Page 1 of 3
Thanks to @tracieknits for pointing out that we have been here nearly 3 years, not 2 as I fisrt thought! Doesn't time fly when you're having fun!
I lost a total of 70lbs, most of that with 5 2 and to date, I've kept it off.
It's become my way of life, my way of eating, my mantra.
So, who out of the original gang is still here and how are you doing?
Since joining, I've a granddaughter, a Great Taste award, a Springer puppy, a new set of close friends, a new wardrobe, a new figure and a positive outlook!
I started April 2013, so that was 2 years last April. I'm still here. I lost 13 kg and have put on 3, so call it 10kgs. I still fast twice a week. I still post on the forum and find it helps me be accountable on fast days. I think I will do this for ever because I think I would put back the weight if I stopped. I have retired and have a new grand daughter. The OH is a lot sicker than he was when I started, my mother had died. Quite a lot has changed, but fasting is locked in now.
I've lost 53 pounds, but currently only at 43 pounds down. My thryoid has been wonky which isn't helping. So we'll call it 43 down at 2 years.

But the good news is that I think I've just found the magic I needed to calm my sugar addiction. Protein. Making smoothies with a frozen banana, unsweetened peanut butter, unsweetened vanilla almond milk, unsweetened hemp protein powder and peanut butter powder have basically killed my sweet tooth. It's amazing! I'm thinking i must have been protein deficient or something. It's inspired me to get back to fasting and start losing weight again (I've relost 4 pounds in the last two weeks)
wait a moment -- I just realized we're nearly THREE years on! :bugeyes: :rainbow: :musical: :drink: :cake: :rose: :announce:
Claps hand to forehead in despair! You're right!!
:like: :like: :like:

Even more reasons to pat ourselves on the back!
I started on 12th November 2012 so 3 years for me too. I've lost 50 lbs and am still SLOWLY losing - only about 5lb net so far this year. Still hoping to lose a bit more before maintenance but will be doing this for ever . I look at the forum almost every day but don't post very often. I've not yet had the chance to join any of the meet ups and would love to do that next year.
Oh Three Years?!!! Well done you guys! It may have come off slowly but its off and that's the main thing! ;)
I'm still here. It has been two and a half years for me. My weight is up for reasons posted on another thread and I probably would have been much bigger if I did not fast. Alot has happened. Changed jobs, moved continents twice, lost my FIL (a year this coming Thursday), OH got sick but thankfully all is in control. Made loads of new friends, started running again thanks to @carieoatesand re-started studying Nutritional Therapy.

I don't post much these days, but I do check in out of habit and the familiarity and reassurance that I'm not doing this on my own.
@tracieknits. Really pleased to hear you think you have licked your sugar addiction! :like: :heart:
I'm still here. I've lost weight and put some on but not all of it. I'm finding it a struggle these days but I'm sure it is all in my head. I'm hoping to maintain my current weight until the new year and really get back into it. I'm keeping an eye on @Tracieknits and have also tried a protein shake with milk and berries and have to say that I didn't think about food for a long time after, so that will be something I'll be doing properly in the new year. I was planning on freezing coconut milk in ice cube trays and adding that to the shakes.

Over the last three years I have made cyber friends and real friends - had lunch with @Nessie yesterday. I have a new job and my oldest daughter is now at college which makes me feel old.
Nice to hear from you again @pennyforthem. Around a year since our last meeting IRL. You are doing well! I'm a mere 2.25 year faster but still hanging in as well. Greetings @wildmissus, I hope the protein shakes work well for you in the New Year. So glad to hear @nessie mentioned. Please pass on my best wishes when you next meet.
wildmissus wrote: I'm still here. I've lost weight and put some on but not all of it. I'm finding it a struggle these days but I'm sure it is all in my head. I'm hoping to maintain my current weight until the new year and really get back into it. I'm keeping an eye on @Tracieknits and have also tried a protein shake with milk and berries and have to say that I didn't think about food for a long time after, so that will be something I'll be doing properly in the new year. I was planning on freezing coconut milk in ice cube trays and adding that to the shakes.

Over the last three years I have made cyber friends and real friends - had lunch with @Nessie yesterday. I have a new job and my oldest daughter is now at college which makes me feel old.

I'm glad it's helping you too @Wildmissus! This is the hemp protein powder I'm using. I think the added fiber also helps http://www.amazon.com/Nutiva-Organic-Pr ... 07EWSHJDAN

I hope the new job is a big improvement!!
I started in January 2013, so coming up to my three year fastiversary. I've lost around 70lbs and am in maintenance, but still (mostly) fast 3 times a week. It's completely become a way of life for me.

Having lost the weight is a constant source of joy for me and I love being able to wear nice clothes for the first time in my adult life. When I spend money on new clothes and feel guilty, my best friend says to me "but you've got so many years to make up for"!

I guess what it's given me is the freedom to have days where I can eat what I like, because I know that if I put on a few pounds, it soon comes off again.

Since I lost all the weight, I started a new part-time job. The people I work with now have only ever known me slim, which I find really bizarre, as I'd always been fat. A couple of times comments have been made to me about how slim I am, and I do have a secret smile to myself and think "if only you knew!".
That's a fantastic post @Chris P! Congratulations!!!
2 years maintenance for me and I lost a lot in the first 10 months before that. I can't even remember how much, around 30kgs. My original weight seems ages away now, it was another me, someone I am not any more. That maybe the reason why I don't keep that record in my mind.

As you know, a lot has changed since. From November 2013, my life has been a big chaos with, as the big apotheosis, the lost of my beloved dad in March this year and the discovery of the dementia of my mum at the same time. I was in a so bad way at the time that I had to stop fasting for weeks. Since a few weeks I have found comfort and a real pleasure in fasting again and I am still the same weight than 2 years ago.

More than about the weight loss, it really helped me to find equilibrium and to grow, in a way.
41 posts Page 1 of 3