The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

9 posts Page 1 of 1
I fast on Mondays and Thursdays, and I always find Thursdays a lot harder and a lot hungrier. I wonder if others find this as well.

My theory is that on a Monday I have just had 3 normal feed days, but on a Thursday, just 2 and my body is still feeling the Monday fast effects.

Am now going to bed, but I feel really hungry and worried that I won't be able to sleep. I never get this on a Monday evening :confused:

Maybe I should forget 5:2 and always have a 3 day normal eating days before a fast day?

Sue
Maybe you should try fasting Monday / Friday next week and see if you feel any different with the fast after 3 normal days?
I do 4:3 and I used to really struggle with the third day. It definitely got better for me.
Hi Sue,
yeah I sometimes find that my second fast is harder, maybe because it's later in the week and we're just getting tired. I find when I'm tired I want comfort food to make me feel warm and happy! Probably not a good idea to fast Tues/Fri lol. You could try Monday/Friday next week and have a longer gap between your fasts, if it doesn't work following week you can switch back. That's what I love about 5:2, you can switch it around any way that you feel works for you and makes you feel happier about fasting. Good luck hun xx
I think it depends on what sort of week you have had. I do Monday, Thursday without too much problem-don't like it if I have to change to Wednesday but occasionally throw in an odd Saturday without a problem(after a Thursday fast). There is absolutely no logic to it at all!
I'm the same. Most weekends I tend to overeat so on Monday I'm happy to do it.
But because I don't eat too much during the week, by Thursday it feels like it's more of a punishment.
Annoying but hopefully it will sort itself out.
Hmm. Not noticed this but it's my second fast today :bugeyes: :bugeyes:
I wouldn't say its harder, but I don't like the second fast - Thursday was traditinally my going out night, so don't like staying in with a cup of tea! Monday feels far more appropriate for fasting. But the Friday morning post-fast pre-weekend feeling is just the best ever.
Thanks for the answers everyone. I will maybe try the Friday fast next week, although I do sometimes go out, or get back from work and want my Friday glass or two of wine to reward me for getting through another week at work and to bring on the weekend, so I'm not sure that's gonna work!

Sue xx
9 posts Page 1 of 1