The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

55 posts Page 4 of 4
I'm gonna start eating something at lunch too definitely.. I think I'll be happier if I have something at lunch to look forward to :)
shbldr wrote: I know I am in the minority here, but I am still a strong believer in 3 meals a day - see no reason to suffer all day and a big meal in the evening.
Breakfast today - a scrambled egg (80 cal), small slice multi-grain bread (65 cal) and a small packet of light cream cheese (35 cal0 totals 180 calories.
Now for lunch a piece of chicken breast (135 cal), a small can of green beans (40cal) and just a touch of rice (25 cal) so right at 200 calories,
Tonight I will probably have a frozen dinner (beef/brocolli 150 cal) and coleslaw or some other raw vegitable - around 200 calories seems plenty in the evening.
Never feel hungry, but I feel "scratchy" the only word that I could come up with for being out of sorts and a bit grouchy:)
Good luck and shake things up a bit, Stan

I agree with shbldr - although I dont tend to have breakfast on a fast day, I do have a portion of blueberries around 10.30am, then will have a slim a soup and 10 cal jelly for lunch - will have cups of bovril throughout the day to stave off hunger and still have enough calories for a decent evening meal - I just could not cope with going all day without eating - I know some people say eating just feeds the monster and you will want to eat more, but if I didnt eat anything the monster just wouldnt shut up!! Good luck with what you decide, but I wouldnt beat yourself up if you eat during the day xx
I'm going to try eating something during the day :)

Does anyone know with regard to 16:8 if milk in coffee counts outside of the window by the way?
From what I remember when this has come up before I think a few splashes of milk say up to 50 cals shouldn't be a problem . Lil, I usually go till dinner on fast days but always allow myself 3 meals adding up to 500 cals if I need it.last week I really wanted something for lunch so I had homemade frozen soup. My hubby has always had 3 meals on our fast days and has lost 15 KGS in 8 months and is close to goal. I don't have brekky on my non fast weekdays but still have 2 or 3 cups of tea with half a sugar ( probably not recommended but this is sustainable for me) and have been averaging a pound off a week. Enjoy your lunch on Thursday at work. Good decision. There's no medals given out for not eating till dinner. :wink:
Xxx julianna
P.s. i know you like subway Lil. Did you know that you can get any of the choices without bread as a salad. I like the tuna with sweet onion dressing. Can't remeber calories but i think around 170? The 2 litle scoops of tuna are quite filling.
That's a good point Julie. There are no medals.. I feel like I act as though there are sometimes.

Hmm I started eating at 9.. doubt I'll stop at 5. What is wrong with me?!
Today is a normal eating day for you isn't it? Just eat normally, listen to your body and enjoy what you choose to eat when you choose to eat it.
Xxx juluanna
Yeh it is Julianna.. I guess I feel guilty for the failed fast and bad weekend that's all.

Thank you

Lil :heart:
Echoing everyone elses thoughts - I would relax a bit.

Let go of the guilt and the fear of gaining. You are healthy and have come so far, that is what is most important. This WOE is not meant to be a chore or make you miserable.
Life is too short to obsess over food - especially when you have it but are choosing not to eat it. Many people in the world obsess because they dont have it at all.

Deep breath, go for a walk, have a bubble bath and look after you, make you feel special and when you feel a bit happier maybe think about adding some variety to your routine.

Good Luck
From what I've read it seems that if you reduce your weekly total intake of calories by approximately 3500 calories you SHOULD lose 1 lb of fat, so if you eat approx 1000 calories every day ( most folk have a tdee of somewhere round 1500 calories, nothing is that exact in these things ) for just one week to see if that kick starts anything and that way you are not depriving yourself too much. The down side is that you will have to count calories EVERY day but if you can do it for just 7 days it may be enough to shake things up.

The thing is, this way of eating is just so versatile so work out how you wish to do it, what makes you most comfortable and what you think will be sustainable, in the short term and then GO for it and see how things pan out. It should never be an endurance test but if you wish to lose weight then you have to do something positive to achieve it. Not easy, I know, but you can do it, get your mind in the right place and off you go, good luck

Ballerina x :heart:
Lil, thank you for sharing the challenges you have been experiencing. I went through a phase (lasting approx 2-3 weeks) not so long ago where I would wake up on a fast day and feel that I don't want to go through with it. I found that if I kept myself busy during the day (t.e. tried to keep my mind off it) and thenif I needed I would either have a snack of hoummus and vege sticks at 100-150 cals or (yoghurt and berries). Snacking on 100-150 cals in the afternoon kept me going through the afternoon and I still had 350-400cals for dinner. In the event that I went over 500 cals I was not worried about it as I figure I am following the system of eating for life.

Another thing I do to keep myself motivated is to remind me how far I have come is put a chart of my monthly progress in my organiser so I can see my progress wherever I am I can just open up my book and ask myself, how much happier am I at 60.5kg as opposed to 68kg?

Lil, I wish you all the best in finding what works for you.
55 posts Page 4 of 4