The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

55 posts Page 1 of 4
5:2 is now becoming a chore :(
25 Nov 2013, 01:14
Having been following this WOE for 4 months, raving about how sustainable it is and how fast days get easier, I am now becoming a little fed up.

I won't give up on it and I will continue to follow it but I'm not so happy about it anymore. I don't like feeling hungry and I don't like having to wait all day for something to eat.

I don't know what I expect people to write back.. maybe I'm hoping someone else is in the same boat? I don't think it's motivation I need because as I say, I wont give it up. I'm just starting to dread the fasts I think.

Maybe I will try the eating small amounts during the day, although I have never done that since starting this WOE so will feel I'm going backwards a bit.

Lil :heart:
Hang in there Lil! You can get through this hump!

Maybe, as you suggest, try eating something for lunch, instead of saving everything for dinner. That's what I do some days when I can't face the afternoon. Just something small around 2pm makes all the difference for me.

Or maybe, try doing a few days of 16/8 instead of fasting. It might be easier especially coming into the festive season where you feel deprived instead of enjoying your fast days.
YOu have a healthy BMI so maybe it's time to go 6:1 instead of 5:2?
Thanks both.

I think I will try eating something in the afternoon and see how I feel then. What do you suggest Mandy?

I'm still wanting to lose though Sally.. I still feel very flabby and wobbly and I don't think it is something exercise will combat yet. I don't feel lean.

I think I'll try eating during the day definitely and see if I find it so difficult then.
LilSmiler wrote: Thanks both.

I think I will try eating something in the afternoon and see how I feel then. What do you suggest Mandy?

I'm still wanting to lose though Sally.. I still feel very flabby and wobbly and I don't think it is something exercise will combat yet. I don't feel lean.

I think I'll try eating during the day definitely and see if I find it so difficult then.

Last week, I had a small can of tuna with chilli (but you could try another flavour, just watch the calories) and a small can of mixed beans, for a total of 180 cals. For dinner, I had a steak with some chimichurri sauce (coriander, parsely, chilli and spring onions) for 200 cals so there was still space for some blueberries as dessert. I really didn't feel deprived at all.

Or maybe you could have a hard-boiled egg? Fewer cals but good protein.

The only thing I'd recommend is to try hold out to at least 2pm because otherwise you might get even hungrier!!
I was going to suggest the same thing, going to 16;8 for a while just to give yourself a break. You are obviously doing really well on it but like everything, we rebel sometimes.
I would love to try 16:8 but I just don't think it will work for me I'm afraid. And I'm concerned about going off the fasting route and finding myself half a stone heavier again.
I have always eaten twice a day on a fast day and have always lost. Can of Campbell's soup for late breakfast and one for dinner. Pick the right flavours and it's 500-600 calories all up. No thinking about what to cook. Just open can, pour in bowl, zap for three minutes and eat. Lazy but it works and soup keeps you filled up for longer than solid food. That's my two cents, Lil! Bugger staying hungry all day. Even the good Dr Mosley ate twice a day on a fast day!
Thanks Fish.. it does seem silly to go hungry all day now when there's not really any need to be.

I just liked not having to worry about food for two days a week and obviously the money I was saving!!
Miso soup at lunchtime? Only 28 calories so hardly makes an impact. Or liquorice tea. 500 calories makes dinner time so much more interesting than having to split it over two meals.

Or give yourself a mini break. This is easy to pick up again and it might break a plateau you're experiencing. Whatever you do, good luck!
Yes, I second miso soup at lunch time.
I've had 3 misos already today but nothing is hitting the spot! :(
Lil, do you eat any veggies during the day? I sometimes munch on a carrot or some celery as I need to crunch on something in the arvo.
No but maybe I could I guess.. I love celery so it could work.

I barely fail a fast but I don't know if I'm going to last today! All I can think of is food. Maybe it's because I didn't hold back at all over the weekend. I hope this isn't the start of me slipping back into old ways.
LilSmiler wrote: No but maybe I could I guess.. I love celery so it could work.

I barely fail a fast but I don't know if I'm going to last today! All I can think of is food. Maybe it's because I didn't hold back at all over the weekend. I hope this isn't the start of me slipping back into old ways.

Don't even think like that! The best thing about this WOE is that it's totally customisable. So you need to snack a bit more today - find healthy things to snack on and it's not a 'fail' at all. Don't feel like you can manage it today? That's fine, there's always tomorrow to try again. And maybe this week just needs to be a 6:1 week instead. That's fine too.

This is not a black and white lifestyle.

Hang in there lovely xx
55 posts Page 1 of 4