The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

21 posts Page 2 of 2
I went to my doc to find out when i could have surgery. He made me jump on the scales and said well done, and was i doing anything in particular. I said the 5:2 and he ummmed and said he had heard of it. Hopefully he will read up about it and maybe spread the word to others.
I told the nurse that I was doing 5:2 when she did my 45yr plus tests/checkup. She said I would go into starvation mode, so I decided from there that I was done talking publicly about it. I can't be bothered explaining to be honest. Some people have a from stance when it comes to opinions, and I dont want to waste my time trying.
Just to think... I was in starvation mode before 5:2 and with 5:2 I increased my TDEE by over 200 calories.
Well I believe there are 2 types of Doctors - the great ones and the close minded ars*h*les! I don't have a GP currently, all the good ones are full and not taking new clients, the others are in medical centres and I don't trust them. I rarely go to Drs unless I want blood tests, then I go in with a list, they write up the pathology request I leave. I have a great (crazy) doctor for my thyroid - GP not endocrinologist but only does hormones - VERY open minded and I emailed her to watch the doco as she has put on weight this last few years. SHE doesn't trust most docs. I will go to someone soon and get tests - I do my BP at a friends house regularly it's still a little high...rather high normal range.
My brother-in-law is doing 5:2. He has Parkinsons and recently had an appointment with his consultant. He has lost quite a lot of weight and told his consultant how he had done it. Not only had she heard about it she was actually doing it herself!
I told my GP who had never heard of it as it is not really known over here so I explained to him and asked him his thoughts and he was fine with it. He knows me for 25 years so, if he thought it could be dangerous or put me in starvation mode, he would have said it without any hesitation.
21 posts Page 2 of 2