The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

25 posts Page 2 of 2
For once that I found an article that talks about positive food and not things you should not eat,it's good news all around. And it gives me an excuse to enjoy my peanut butter and soooooo good coffee :cool:

Happy if it helps
Mmmmm! Lovely list. I don't get avocado very often as catching them when they are just ripe can be a matter of hours. They come from the supermarket bullet hard and you have to wait, sometimes for days for it to ripen properly. I'm the only one in the family that likes mushrooms, so I get to eat them all to myself.
As for coffee, I'm not a big coffee drinker, would copious amounts of tea be as good I wonder? Peanut butter by the spoonful, yummy. Again, I'm the only one in the family that likes it, so the whole jar is mine, all mine.
I like 4 of them but the fifth I just can't even keep in my mouth never mind swallow. I bet you will be surprised to hear the dreaded poison is the coffee. I love coffee and walnut cake and I love coffee creams but coffee itself, I can't get it passed my lips. I used to be able to comfort myself with the fact that it was bad for me.
@JulieathomeWhen I read what you wrote about the peanut butter jar I couldn't help but think "my precious......" :lol:

And I found this article about the health benefits of tea :wink:

http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2013-04-01/national/38185182_1_tea-association-annual-supermarket-sales-antioxidants
Is this where I stand up and say 'my name is madmittens, I'm 42 and have never tried peanut butter'?

I'm starting to feel that I'm missing out! Love the rest of the list, but I only eat avocado as a home-made guacamole with tortilla chips/salsa/sour cream/extra jalapenos (lots and lots of). Obviously not on a FD...
To keep avocados keep the stone in one half and wrap in cling film, read that somewhere and it has worked for me! Yum!
Oooohhhh...Pass me that jar of peanut butter NOW!!!! :grin:
My two favorite ways to eat Avocado, which really took some initial effort to like:

-Instead of butter or mayo on a sandwich, spread on frozen bread or just add slim slices
-Guacamole: Mash two avocados, squeeze the juice of two lemons, and about the equal amount of grape or cherry tomatoes (cut), and about 1/4 portion feta or goat cheese...yummy

And yes, leaving the pit in the unused half will keep the avocado good for days. I also drop it into my guacamole when I make it in advance to keep it from turning brown.

Coffee-have never been able to acquire a taste for it...even after 24 years in the Army...love the smell though!
25 posts Page 2 of 2