The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

25 posts Page 1 of 2
It's not a recent article but I found it really interesting, maybe because I like all the foods they are talking about :grin:

http://edition.cnn.com/2007/HEALTH/diet.fitness/11/06/cl.healthful.foods/
me, too! I like that list!

also now craving peanut butter on a fast day. oops.
Just wish I could like avocadoes as I know how good they are for you but just can't stomach the texture or taste. Love everything else on the list though!
@MaryAnn Go for it, I found out it's really helping with the hunger pangs

@callyanna That's a shame, I just love have smashed avocado with a saueeze of lemon juice on toast for breakfast. The only trouble is how to keep the second half for the next day :wink:

Being a big coffee drinker that really was the greatest news of the 5.

The mushrooms were a big surprise. Had no idea they were so good :dazed:
Great list especially as I eat them all except peanut butter. You have now given me the go ahead to eat it as I love it. Pass me the spoon........ :heart:
I eat/drink them all except peanut butter, YUK! Good thing we don't all like the same things :grin:

Ballerina x :heart:
I'm with Callyanna on the avocado front, not a peanut butter fan either, but coffee is a different matter. Couldn't survive without it!
:heart: :heart: Many thanks Manderlay :heart: :heart:
The article has answered all the questions I had, and was to afraid to ask on here as i'm ignorant of the full fat facts :shock:
Well now I'm not completely ignorant :heart: :heart: Sue
How refreshing to read that foods you love are actually good for you. I love peanut butter on toast but I always like to put butter on the toast first, so that it melts into the peanut butter...that probably ISNT so good for you, I guess :confused:
Great list, love all five. It took me years to like avocadoes because the ones they sold in Holland, where I grew up, were hard and unpleasant. Living in Australia has opened my eyes to how beautiful and versatile they are. Spread half of one on a piece of wholemeal bread for lunch today, fresh pepper and voila, best possible lunch (or snack).
Yum, thank you! Love all of them!
MaryAnn wrote: me, too! I like that list!

also now craving peanut butter on a fast day. oops.

Ditto :like: and ditto :frown:
Wmr309 wrote: Great list, love all five. It took me years to like avocadoes because the ones they sold in Holland, where I grew up, were hard and unpleasant. Living in Australia has opened my eyes to how beautiful and versatile they are. Spread half of one on a piece of wholemeal bread for lunch today, fresh pepper and voila, best possible lunch (or snack).

When I was staying with my brother in Western Australia he had avocado on toast every morning as his neighbour owned an avocado farm. I did try my best but it's just not for me. :unlike:
All foods that I enjoy regularly, including some of the pairings that offer additional benefits. And I thought it was just 5:2 keeping my immune system healthy*. ;)

*knocks on wood*
25 posts Page 1 of 2