The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

21 posts Page 2 of 2
Isn't 23-1 basically what we do on a fast day-if you are a 1meal a day faster?
Merlin wrote: Isn't 23-1 basically what we do on a fast day-if you are a 1meal a day faster?

It is, if you think about it, you are doing 5 days feeding as normal, then 2 days with 500 cals. My difference is I will be eating whatever on my 2 days, dinner & dessert, what not I fancy, also have a normal feed day on Monday. I'm currently on my 16:8 fast today as I started Monday which was a normal feed day.
@IAmLiam COE = Compulsive Over-Eating. There are several nuances of eating disorder (aka ED) and I'm not familiar with them but whenever I read postings from people who've been triggered into BED (binge eating disorder) or COE, my heart goes out to them. I can't imagine what it must be like to experience such a drive that you can't start eating, even when it physically hurts.

Admittedly, they're on US boards, but I have noticed several reports of women/men who'd not previously had a BED and experimented with ADF who reported that they'd been triggered into it. This doesn't seem to have occurred in trial evaluations so I don't know if these people are edge-cases (not within the general bell curve distribution) or something that only much larger scale clinical trials could catch.

FWIW, I've not seen anyone report full-blown BED, COE etc. with 5:2. However, I have seen several people mention that they find themselves over-eating on non-fast days, in part as a rebellion to the sense of restriction associated with fast days. It has to be said, again, that I have no idea of the scale of this - it might be substantially <1%, it might be around 5% - without validation and data collection, it's impossible to know and this is just my anecdotal observations.

And, all of this is horribly off-topic as to your OP. :oops:
@SSure, I understand your point fully. I will pay close attention to any eating disorders, bingeing or overeating. As I know in my mind to eat only when feeling full, and if I'm hungry without the intention of thirst; having a glass of water beforehand to make sure, I will eat. Seeing as I had a massive loss of 6 stone from eating 23:1 7 days a week and being in control, it seemed to work. This time round it may or may not work, but I will check the scale and if it does you'll see my progress soon, and I'll be honest if I am experiencing any problems.
Am I right in reading your fasting as 13 meals out of a possible 21 a week?
Azureblue wrote: Am I right in reading your fasting as 13 meals out of a possible 21 a week?

If you're going by meal quantity then yes. Going by calorie deficiet, then it will work. Just think of it on a normal day I can eat upto 2500 calories as of my activity levels.

If that is of any help?
21 posts Page 2 of 2