The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

12 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

Does anyone find their mojo waning through the day? I think mine is on its lunch break....

Usually I just think about the breakfast/lunch/snacks I haven't eaten because it is a fast day and that makes me determined to make sure they weren't missed for nothing :-)

Do you have any tips/tricks for those times when you feel the lure of the vending machines?
Haunt the forum! It will help you keep your resolve (like I'm doing now...)
Hi Kathy, I have been fasting since early April now and I find that as I know I'm on a fast day, I don't suffer from hunger pangs. I fast on monday and wednesday every week and my body seems to accept that now. I also am able to go through my non fast days without craving food. My lifestyle has changed now so much and I'm happier that I don't feel the need to snack and eat rubbish. I also rather like the feeling of being hungry, it's quite satisfying knowing you can go without stuffing your face with food you don't need. I exercise every day which helps with the weight loss, and I can see my body changing for the better. I used to play rugby and weight train, but since I stopped, I do more cardio which is burning the pounds off and lets me eat a bit extra on my non fast days.
The only problem I'm having is wearing clothes that are too big for me!
So I would say enjoy the grumbling tummy knowing that it is doing you a world of good!
Hi Kathyaja..i agree with Karen..haunt this place! Keeps me motivated and gets my mojo working again! X

I also clean my teeth more often...keeps mouth nice and minty and you don't really want to eat when ypur breath is minty fresh!

Being busy is good for taking yr mind off goodies..i call fast days repair days,so i think,repair all day and look for little tasks i've neglected doing,catch up with paperwork,declutter,try clothes on to see if they are getting looser,make phone calls ive been putting off..
also i try to do a small good deed or two to keep my spirits up..nothing major,maybe just calling on a friend to give them a book or flowers or something

Pamper yrself if at home with bubble bath, a nice magazine,get snug on the sofa and watch some trashy tv..put the radio on and listen to a play or a good music station ( maybe have a dance round the kitchen!)

Take a nap! Passes the time!

Hot low cal or cal free drinks like hot water with lemon/ bouillon/ fruit teas can be comforting and warm you up if youre feeling cold and empty! And some celery sticks and carrot batons give you something to get yr teeth into.

Hope these help..good thread - we all need each others tips on this subject! X
I'm at home most day's being retired and I go for a walk on each of my
3 fastdays the reason is twofold :-) first to try and get a little bit fitter and second is to just kill more time But I quickly learned that my morning walking also acted as a suppressant Amazing double bonus
Couldn't eat a single thing for quite a few hours on my return, so I dont , I only eat evening meal because I feel full-up, on my return I top-up with water then tea or coffee before taking a long soak/bath/pamper session. :heart:
Keeping occupied is the answer whatever form you take.
Low Cal cup soup /oxo/tea/coffee.
Good Luck with the mojo. :clover: Sue. :clover:
Thanks! Some great tips there :smile:

I believe learning to feel hunger and not fear hunger has been the best part of this WOE. I used to eat when I wasn't hungry in case I got hungry later :confused:

I think my resolve is most tested when I find myself thinking of all the food I want to be eating (mostly cheeeese, lovely lovely cheese....) but reminding myself I can have some tomorrow helps.

Unfortunately I'm in London at the moment and only have a shower not a bath as that would have been an idea for later. I think I find business trips harder for fasting as I don't have as much to do in the evenings - no housework/family/friends to distract myself with. Right now I should be working I suppose :shock: I think I'll take a walk this evening and try and find the river. I did that last night while running and failed to find the river but found a pizza express so I think dinner is sorted tonight!
This is the first fasting day when I (thanks to you guys) have managed not to go out of my skull with hunger. I found (at this age???) that I tend to snack even though I'm not really hungry. So every time I felt an urge to grab a home grown cherry tomato, a stalk of broccoli, or even something sweet, I stopped and asked myself "do I really need this" and the clear answer was (of course) NO!!! So I went and watered my plants in the green house, picked up after the youngest dog and ripped up a whole loot of weeds - no that kind of weeds sillies LOL.

I think it's all a very bad habit and these fasting days will be something that will strengthen my willpower in a good kind of way. I can only say that this realization is truly an eye opener and I know I will be extremely proud of myself tomorrow morning that I pulled it of.

And no - no Egg Mc Muffin for breakfast tomorrow, but a whole grain bread with something nice inside and then I will treat myself and my son with some Chinese Take Away for dinner, since The DH won't be home :grin: .

Holy cow - am I happy to have found your guys!
Kathyaj wrote:
Unfortunately I'm in London at the moment and only have a shower not a bath as that would have been an idea for later. I think I find business trips harder for fasting as I don't have as much to do in the evenings - no housework/family/friends to distract myself with. Right now I should be working I suppose :shock: I think I'll take a walk this evening and try and find the river. I did that last night while running and failed to find the river but found a pizza express so I think dinner is sorted tonight!

Oh yes i can see how being away on business would make it more difficult
Think the walk or run option this evening is a good idea then reward self with yr meal x
Only other thing i can think of( my daughter is in London and said its raining) is go to see a good film at the cinema ...will keep your attention away from food for a couple of hours and keep you entertained ..but avoid the popcorn and goodies! X
I was just wondering what to have for breakfast tomorrow and now an egg McMuffin (and a hash brown) has been firmly planted! In fairness I'm short of options. It's that or a veggie sausage sandwich from Wetherspoons. I'm conveniently overlooking the healthier options that both places provide......
I'll have that tomorrow helps/helped me, and tea/drinks anything without calories. I also put off eating until 7 pm so that I get a long fast in and I don't start even thinking about food until later.... hope that helps :)

:clover:
Love egg & sausage McMuffins. Had to take OH to the train station very early one morning a few months ago and rewarded myself with one. Lovely!
[quote="Wolfie"

Holy cow - am I happy to have found your guys![/quote]

That expression really makes me smile!but i agree with you Wolfie and i like your username:)
12 posts Page 1 of 1