The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

6 posts Page 1 of 1
Amanda Hamilton experiment
05 Sep 2013, 01:03
I don't really know much about Amanda Hamilton, except she advocates a healthy diet and also recommends IF.

Has anyone read this article from the Daily Mail? Some very scary and interesting findings about the average British (and I'm sure the U.S.) diet, mainly concerns women but I don't think men are doing any better:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/artic ... igure.html
Re: Amanda Hamilton experiment
05 Sep 2013, 02:44
I guess this was an article from August 16th - so I found it a bit late - nevertheless, still very interesting !!!
05 Sep 2013, 07:00
Interesting article. The message I took from it is it's more about what you eat than how much (still important, obviously).

Overall tone of the article made me bristle rather, with all that Mrs Average stuff. Who she, when she's at home?!
05 Sep 2013, 07:04
Not that I'd trust the Daily Fail to report the weather outside it's offices accurately, in this case it seems plausible that eating so much more refined carbs would cause these changes. However the weight increase will mostly be water retention. In a week of eating 250 cals too much per day she could only have gained half a pound of fat. Also the increase in waistline would be the bloating and she admits to being constipated.
05 Sep 2013, 07:05
Also, I'd bet many of her "symptoms" were because she expected to feel rubbish so she did!
05 Sep 2013, 07:23
I enjoyed reading the comments more than the article, and I agreed with most of them, but then I'm not a fan of the Mail.Thanks for posting it.
Chris x
6 posts Page 1 of 1