The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

24 posts Page 2 of 2
I often crave vegemite and cheese on toast on my fast day. There have been many breakfasts of exactly that after my fast day. I think it is the B vits in the vegemite that my body wants.

I am also craving peanut butter and peanuts in general. I haven't really given in to this craving but I am rethinking that idea. Maybe I should cut myself a little slack and enjoy some peanutty goodness every now and then.

I too love the term fast and repair. I think that is what I am going to Call my fast days now... Fast and repair days.
Mmmm you lot sure you're not pregnant!?!

Me I just crave TOAST.....all the time.... With butter or jam or peanut butter, marmite or honey,mmmmm honey. Cold toast with butter and honey.....droooooolll and No I'm not!
As I already sait, I crave homemade peanut butter and even more now I know it's good for me :razz:

Also I crave soup, all kind of soups, I even have one on the New Year's eve menu, a yummy scallops and spinach soup
Cheese and bread (brie and cheddar)
And last but not least, salted caramel

Damned I am hungry now.... :eat:
Manderley i am starving too..salted caramel ...gorgeous hot home made soup ...peanut butter and nuts in general...
And Minsmum mentioning toast...
Hot buttered toast...or cold toast with thick butter leaving teeth marks...
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..why does food have to be sooooooo tempting!
Toast and fresh baked bread :grin:

I remember when I was a kid, when we were coming back from our sports class we were going just near a bakery and you could smell fresh croissants and bread being baked a mile away. It's still an smell that gives me cravings :razz:
I'm another one for peanut butter. Before 5:2ing I didn't care for it much but now I tend to break my fasts with peanut butter on toast.
I've never liked hot spicy foods but now I find myself adding chilli flakes to most of my meals. I also love mangoes - I hated them before 5:2 :confused:
Isnt it a strange side effect that our tastes change in such unexpected ways! X
I'm now very picky--no junk! I also find that I really taste my food. Vegetables, fruit and yes, meat, just taste so darned good that I'm satisfied with a relatively small amount. Yay! :grin:
24 posts Page 2 of 2