The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

24 posts Page 1 of 2
..i ask this coz i am a bit horrified to find i am craving red meat,which normally i rarely if ever eat..
But i find when it comes to my 500 cal evening meal on an IF day, i want something beefy!
I guess my body knows what it wants and i think on fast days we can read what we need more clearly..
My mum always used to say A little of what you fancy does you good...

Which is fine,and i am enjoying my beef casserole/ beef or lamb stew ..but i say I' m a bit horrified coz for years ive been quite repulsed by red meat so i feel a bit discombobulated by it all.

Any cravings youve had since iF ing..whether they delight or discombob you? X
image.jpg
image.jpg (7.62 KiB) Viewed 456 times
I've always started the day with a coffee and since we got a new machine I love a creamy froth on top. Over recent months I really desire one of these and it's the first thing I'll have the morning after a day of fasting. A few times though I have HAD to have one during my fast day. I use 1/4 cup of low fat milk. Crazy though after drinking black coffee for years and still drinking it regularly. Perhaps it is the dairy I crave?
Hi Candice!

I know what you mean about cravings, new ones at that!! for me it seems to be savoury things...never been one to eat that much savoury stuff, I always hated flavoured crisps, but now I can easily tuck in and like it!! :-) but then I feel quite disgusted thinking, cripes, how could I eat this stuff?!! :confused:

Well at least your craving is a good one I guess being meat lo, protein and all that!! :grin:

Your mum was spot on, a little bit of what you fancy always does you good :-) xx :victory: :lol:
Coconut oil and coconut milk :lol: . Yes red meat too! We must be needing the iron Candice. I also get strange cravings for avocado's and smoked salmon. All good fats. No cravings for sweet things. The sweetest it gets is almonds. :like: :like:
Chicken!! And black pudding but I'm a veggie and have been for 9 years but just lately all I can think about is a nice chicken pie, or a bacon butty with brown sauce and black pudding!! I don't think there is a less veggie food out there!!!
Arpeggi wrote: Chicken!! And black pudding but I'm a veggie and have been for 9 years but just lately all I can think about is a nice chicken pie, or a bacon butty with brown sauce and black pudding!! I don't think there is a less veggie food out there!!!

Hi fellow Liverpudlian@Arpeggi a nice chicken pie is what ive had tonight :razz:
Had to restrain myself from taking a bigger slice..i used to be a veggie too and have never really got back into meat...just a bit of chicken and occasional fish...but it seems lately i cant get enough of meaty savoury stuff,specially on fast days!

@rawkaren yes perhaps we do need the iron,maybe we've got a bit anaemic...and @Wmr309.... Perhaps youre lacking in calcium?
@angie090465 yep same here, i want savoury all the time.
Havent had any Christmassy sweety stuff yet...usually by this time in december ive snaffled about a dozen mince pies andf eaten the whole Advent calendar!
Tho i have to admit today i ate the head off a fondant chocolate mouse! :grin:
I've turned into a fish a holic!
Plaice, cod, smoked haddock, all plain but with nice veg.
But I had cod in batter with a few chips when we went out tonight and now I'm feeling bleugh.....
Guess the fish agreed with me but not the batter (luckily hub polished off the chips!)
I've eaten more persimmons this season than any other year I've been in Japan. Maybe since I've cut down on sweets, I'm craving an allowed sweet.

CandiceMarie, I had a steak topped salad the other day at my favorite Thai restaurant. I could eat that for dinner every day! Maybe I'm iron deficient, or maybe I just love Thai food too much!
No cravings, but I am much lesstolerant of bad cooking and crap foods in general
I feel exactly the same way as you Merlin. I don't want to waste calories on food unless its exactly what I want.
Nuts! Particularly whole almonds, but I also like pistachios, walnuts and hazlenuts... they are my cravings at the moment. I allow myself a portion a day.
Merlin wrote: No cravings, but I am much lesstolerant of bad cooking and crap foods in general
I know what you mean. If I eat something that turns out to be overly sweet now I get a bit annoyed. A. It doesn't taste good B. what a waste of calories.
I crave bread mainly toasted so butter melts over and a spread of promite, not as sharp as vegimite and I have this too on fruit bread toasted.
Ive never heard the phrase "FAST AND REPAIR" is that just a way of saying IF or 4:3 or 5:4 or 16:8

curious

and my craving is cottage cheese and as of yesterday dried/candied ginger.. dont know where that came from
Juliana.Rivers wrote: Ive never heard the phrase "FAST AND REPAIR" is that just a way of saying IF or 4:3 or 5:4 or 16:8

curious

and my craving is cottage cheese and as of yesterday dried/candied ginger.. dont know where that came from

Hi J..I got fast and repair from Tracieknits..yep just another way of saying 5:2,4:3 etc..but for me, a helpful way of thinking.. I love it,helps me keep on track on fast days...i imagine little elves busily fixing stuff,sorting out health probs....then on feed days the elves are sitting back with their feet up relaxing.
Someone else..cant remember who..always says " in for repairs" on fast days..love that too x
Ps and i love anything ginger ..mmmmm..
24 posts Page 1 of 2