The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

24 posts Page 2 of 2
Juliana.Rivers wrote:
exactly why i need the second.. ... figured 2 machines.. if one goes wrong ill know.

Ahh, then you would actually want to own three so you'd have a tie-breaker - believing the two that are closest to the same reading.

With time you could name them after congenial or disagreeable relatives (or posters).
Hilarious peeps. I have two sets but one is very old, so don't dare use them . The second set Which also give fat and water content, which I moved about one month ago as I didn't believe the yo yoing.
Wow do I wish I'd left them alone. I ended up 5lb heavier than I thought I was.
I know I'm a lot lighter than this time last year. That's all.
I wonder what the collective noun would be for a number of scales? Like an unkindness of ravens or a murder of crows. Optimistic me would say a celebration of scales but on a bad day it might be a torture of scales :smile:
I have 2 sets of scales. My original ones that only weigh in pounds are in the bathroom on carpet. I have digital ones that have to be in the utility room where there is no carpet, I only use those if my old scales jump up a pound because they usually leave me just below the pound ie. 9st 5,800 instead of 9st 6lb that way I can kid myself on that I am still the same. Oh what games I play with myself I am really gullible . :lol:
Two sets of scales eh? Not a bad idea especially after my losing 5 pounds in a day hilarity and then putting it all back on after a shower nonsense. I got an 8 kg kettlebell the other day, so I'm going to weigh that before I weigh myself, to check.
egregious wrote: Two sets of scales eh? Not a bad idea especially after my losing 5 pounds in a day hilarity and then putting it all back on after a shower nonsense. I got an 8 kg kettlebell the other day, so I'm going to weigh that before I weigh myself, to check.

Better still, I suggest that you weigh yourself with and without the kettlebell to see a relative indication of accuracy in the area of your actual weight.
1 week use.. my new ones are always 200g less than the old ones. New ones must be more accurate right?

lol
I have one digital scale! Weight is not about an absolute number it's relative. If you go down each week then that's good. A small difference in the actual number of pounds shouldn't matter. I say pick the one that seems most accurate and go with it!

I am in a contest at work, so that number is completely different than my number at home (different scale, more clothes and breakfast in my body), but I don't worry about that, I just worry that I'm going down on both!
24 posts Page 2 of 2