The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

24 posts Page 1 of 2
I aquired a black new set of bathroom scales on the weekend to sit side by side with other one as that one seems to have a temperament on its own

https://www.aldi.com.au/en/special-buys ... l-scale-1/

with 2.. if they both show same i know i have the right weight. obsessive or what? :grin:

anyone else use 2 scales to be sure they have the right reading?
I thought one set was bad enough!! Maybe if put one foot on each but only read one, would you be half your weight?? :?:
I have 4 scales and all of them show different numbers - hate them but thinking of buying a new one... :grin:
With one watch you always know the time. With two you never know for sure.
I have two of a lot of things

- main door key
- pressure cooker
- backup systems
- coffee machines

theres probably more ...
And we all sometimes wish there were two of ourselves, for me it's when I have to go to the dentist, I would send my other self.
I just have one, but being digital it tells me about halves and quarters ( even if I have only lost a quarter, I find it slightly encouraging!)
I read recently that people who loose weight, and manage to keep it off, do so by regularly weighing themselves - daily was suggested. I weigh myself 4 times a week ( but only record on the tracker on Mondays)
I have one set to imperial in the bathroom and one set to metric in the bedroom, just in case something stupendous happens in between :0)
Azureblue wrote: I have one set to imperial in the bathroom and one set to metric in the bedroom, just in case something stupendous happens in between :0)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thank you for that, it made me splutter my coffee but it was worth it for the laugh

Ballerina x :heart:
2 door keys I understand as for the rest...............
The scales do my head in, I move around the bathroom to get different readings!! Then go with the reading in the middle as an average, I wouldn't mind but they are quite new!!
What a lovely start to a Monday. I read this thread and chortled all through my coffee. It makes me feel pretty ok about my daily weigh ins on ONE scale. I reckon if I had two, I'd suspect them of being in a conspiracy against me :oops:
Joey bear wrote: The scales do my head in, I move around the bathroom to get different readings!! Then go with the reading in the middle as an average, I wouldn't mind but they are quite new!!

exactly why i need the second.. id move the scales to different tiles and sometimes get different results. figured 2 machines.. if one goes wrong ill know.

dont want to celebrate unnecessarily (or cry)
JR i always get weighed in Superdrug and consider them " my" scales
( dont love them so much now that theyre recording my weight is yoyoing up n down!)
Wonder if Mr Superdrug wd consider getting another set in for me? :razz:
Merlin wrote: 2 door keys I understand as for the rest...............

DAMN it lost my reply.

quick version.

i cook a lot and cant be without a pressure cooker so its a backoup .. but also sometimes need two at same time.. actually i have 3. one a bit smaller.

same for coffee machine

and you are never sure about computer backups and sometimes they just dont work or the method may not be backing up what you need.
24 posts Page 1 of 2