The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

29 posts Page 2 of 2
I am definitely a morning eater. I can skip dinner easily, and often do, with a snack mid arvo being my last food of the day.

I am also very much a morning person though, up early as the sun gets up. I wonder if this has an influence on eating? Are you later eaters more night owls? Callyanna, you say you're hungriest at 9pm, by that time I'm normally in bed sleeping. Our body clocks are all obviously different for sleep, so why not for food too?
KataMac You have written my post to a tee! I'm early to bed anywhere btwn 8:30 and 10pm, I'm up early 4-6 am (substantial) breakfast is btwn 8:30 and 10 am then nothing until a lighter meal for dinner about 6pm or earlier.

Btw I'm a very good sleeper, even my fitbit has me down as 96% sleep effeciency rating on average.
chichi13 wrote: If I don't have breakfast, I'm an evening eater. If I have breakfast, I'm an all day eater - True story :lol:

I am the same!!!
chichi13 wrote: If I don't have breakfast, I'm an evening eater. If I have breakfast, I'm an all day eater - True story :lol:

And I'm a third!

I'm finding 16:8 is not a problem. It hasn't boosted the weight loss, but it stops the late morning hunger pangs I used to have when I ate breakfast.
Just to be awkward I prefer to eat my main meal at lunch time with something lighter between 7-8pm. Any later and food/drink and my tummy rebels.
Hi, I too am like someone else on here, eat because I like it, wouldn't say I'm hungry!!, don't really have a time, but once I start eating rubbish just want more and more cause its mmmm I've just done a 36 hr liquid fasting and I'm not hungry don't want anything, but when looked in the fridge fancied some chocolate, so thinking If I was really hungry I would eat what ever is in front of me, just loads of bad habits to crack, :neutral: :wink:
rawkaren wrote: I eat later in the day. I actually love breakfast but I try not to eat it as it makes me hungrier. :bugeyes: :bugeyes:

Fabulous photo Karen! X X
KataMac wrote: I am definitely a morning eater. I can skip dinner easily, and often do, with a snack mid arvo being my last food of the day.

I am also very much a morning person though, up early as the sun gets up. I wonder if this has an influence on eating? Are you later eaters more night owls? Callyanna, you say you're hungriest at 9pm, by that time I'm normally in bed sleeping. Our body clocks are all obviously different for sleep, so why not for food too?

Oooh think you may be on to something there. I am NOT a morning person, never have been, but do also like going to bed around 10pm so not really night owlish either. Dormouse perhaps?
:bugeyes: :shock:
KataMac wrote: I am definitely a morning eater. I can skip dinner easily, and often do, with a snack mid arvo being my last food of the day.

Hi KataMac, yes , that's what I was trying to say in my original post but you've summed it up in a nutshell! :like: I'm sure our internal body clocks have an effect on our appetites so we should maybe tap into them more to help with weight loss and healthier eating patterns.x
callyanna wrote:

Hi KataMac, yes , that's what I was trying to say in my original post but you've summed it up in a nutshell! :like: I'm sure our internal body clocks have an effect on our appetites so we should maybe tap into them more to help with weight loss and healthier eating patterns.x

And me!
I always eat something in the morning, with my coffee...force of habit I guess but if I don't I would feel sick.. not a huge breakfast, probably a bagel or crumpet or even some pancakes :-) and then I will be fine till lunch time... I make a point of not eating anything after 8pm, fasting or not :razz:
my main meal is my dinner though, always around 6pm.. usually in bed too by 9pm lol :grin:
:like: :clover: :heart:
Iztla wrote:

I am the same!!!

Me too!
Evening is definitely my vulnerable time, especially as I usually associate it with having a drink!

It didn't used to be the case, but now I can go without breakfast fairly easily, and sometimes skip it even on non-fast days. On fast days I have a salad for lunch which I delay eating as long as I can - 2pm at the earliest, sometimes as late as 3.30. Then have soup about 7pm latest. The evenings are the hardest to get through - I quite look forward to bed!

:smile:
Um..... both :lol:

I :heart: my breakfast!!! I always said I could NEVER skip my morning bowl(s) of cereal - yes, in my previous life I would easily eat two or even THREE brimming bowls of cereal.... boxes didn't last long in my house... and my husband doesn't even eat breakfast! Favourites are granola or Jordans oat-based types... yup, the more calories the better (although ALWAYS with ice-cold skimmed milk!!!) Now I had a carefully weighed measure of Sainsbury's jumbo oat porridge - with lashings of cinnamon.

When I discovered 5:2, I realised that I wouldn't die if I didn't eat breakfast.... now I'm on maintenance I'm doing 6:1 and one 16:8 day but I still have my porridge at lunchtime on my 16:8 day... I'd rather have that than a proper lunch!!

I can quite easily be an evening muncher but a self-imposed rule of no eating after 8pm has put paid to that for me. And I do feel better for it too....
Like other people, I am fairly good in the day ( not always at the weekend, when tea and crumpets are on offer) but it's in the evenings, when I sit down with a coffee, and some chocolate seems to take me over. I just can't say NO!!
29 posts Page 2 of 2