The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

29 posts Page 1 of 2
Before watching the Horizon programme and subsequently finding this forum I was unaware that I was already unwittingly 'fasting' as I've not eaten breakfast for years as I found it made me hungrier. My normal eating pattern is lunch around 12-12.30,maybe a snack mid afternoon, evening meal 5.30 ish but then I always have to have something around 9pm as this seems to be my hungriest time of day. This might be Weetabix with a handful of blueberries, crackers with cheese or wholemeal toast. Then apart from drinks nothing again till lunch next day.
My weight has stayed fairly stable on this regime for several years and the only change is that I'm now trying 6:1 for health benefits and not to lose any more weight.

Sorry for rambling on but it occurred to me that just as people can either be a 'lark' or an 'owl' regarding sleep patterns whether this is reflected in eating more in the morning than the evening. Probably as clear as mud by now but hope that makes sense! :geek:
I can get a little peckish between 11 and 2 and after then it buggers off but comes back with a vengeance in the evenings between 8 and 9. I'm more likely to give in them because I think 'oh I've been good all day'. So many habits to knock on the head!!
I eat later in the day. I actually love breakfast but I try not to eat it as it makes me hungrier. :bugeyes: :bugeyes:
I eat both. I don't get hungry if I eat a decent breakfast. I don't eat cos I'm hungry, I eat cos I like the taste :-) I am only hungry on a fast day, like now disorganized so no bfst, so starving and tummy rumbling. But yes df get hungry if no bfst.
Hi cally,quite honestly, i can eat any time of day..the only time i am not thinking about eating is in the night..i often have insomnia but never think of eating then
Prior to 5:2 i used to feel dreadful about 4 pm..i wd feel hungry,down cold and would have to eat something to help me out of this dip.
Nowadays it no longer happens - can only think its coz my blood sugars have got sorted x
CandiceMarie, So glad you've conquered your 4 o'clock munchies demon thanks to your new WOE, yet another bonus! x
I was an all day eater as well, I never had a particular trigger just anything and everything :oops: luckily that has really changed! I don't eat breakfast at all (don't miss it!) and am more mindful of what I eat even on non fast days, I don't want to eat crap for the sake of it. If I want something nice then I'll have it but I make better choices - occasionally! :wink:
WOW Chickviv, just clocked your phenomenal weight loss and had to congratulate you! you've done fantastically well!
Hi Callyanna :heart:
Since finding this WOL i now rarely eat breakfast because it makes me feel hungry so skip it and save
a few calories too.
So nowadays i'm an evening eater as in main meal but on non fast days i eat a light lunch also :clover: Sue. :clover:
Sue.Q wrote: Hi Callyanna :heart:
Since finding this WOL i now rarely eat breakfast because it makes me feel hungry so skip it and save
a few calories too.
So nowadays i'm an evening eater as in main meal but on non fast days i eat a light lunch also :clover: Sue. :clover:

Yes, this is me too - It's taken me 55 years to realise "breakfast is the most important meal of the day" is a myth to some people - and I'm one of them :smile: Rarely eat breakfast (the occasional Saturday morning with the family) - light lunch and main meal in the early evening, apart from fast days when I'm currently doing 36hrs liquid only fasts. Before 5:2 I'd eat at any time of day, or throughout the day.... I just liked to eat. I still do, but quantities so much smaller and I'm so much more in control of everything. I LOVE this WOL :victory:
Yes I can keep going with just coffee and water through the morning but afternoon is still a susceptible time and used to be evenings, especially nine pm, but mind over matter has helped reduce that.
If I don't have breakfast, I'm an evening eater. If I have breakfast, I'm an all day eater - True story :lol:
I rarely have any interest in food in the morning - unless I'm in Paris and near a patisserie/boulangerie ;-)

I generally eat the bulk of my calories in the late afternoon and evening.
I don't like a big breakfast, but even when fasting, I have something in the morning (a soft-boiled egg).

About five years ago I started having trouble sleeping if I ate too much in the evening. Since then, my main meal is lunch. I have something small in the evening.
I am eating yoghurt for breakfast this week. (Not at home as posted elsewhere)Find it fills me rather than triggering eating but I will go back to skipping breakfast sometimes next week when I am back to normal-just to cut down on calories without effort. I guess I am fortunate that eating doesn't seem to trigger eating fingers crossed this continues.
29 posts Page 1 of 2