The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

18 posts Page 2 of 2
I'd say I was definitely addicted to sugar but starting 5 2 somehow has reduced the cravings and then I've found I no longer crave the sweet stuff like I did; I've started to drop my carbs too and I feel better. I had a glass of 'no added sugar' squash the other day and I couldn't drink it because it tasted so sweet. Yuk. Really thankful to 5 2 because it seems to have naturally reduced my (lifelong) inclination to eat rubbish and has changed what I now WANT to eat. I've just bought the 'Against All Grains' cookbook and there is some fab stuff in there. Rawkaren - where do you buy your coconut and almond flour from? I don't think I could ever do as low carb as 50g daily but I am now managing to eat 100g carbs on non fast days with ease (and under 50g on a fast day) - and this is a woman who would KILL for bread at one time. I'd really like to try some of the non grain recipes for bread I have seen. I've (like lots on here) done loads of reading and I think reducing carb intake is the way to go for weight loss and health and all sorts of reasons. And I never thought I'd be able to do it! And without 5 2 I doubt I would.

PS Yes I've never understood why supermarkets add sugar to CHICKEN!
loversghost wrote: I'd say I was definitely addicted to sugar but starting 5 2 somehow has reduced the cravings and then I've found I no longer crave the sweet stuff like I did; I've started to drop my carbs too and I feel better. I had a glass of 'no added sugar' squash the other day and I couldn't drink it because it tasted so sweet. Yuk. Really thankful to 5 2 because it seems to have naturally reduced my (lifelong) inclination to eat rubbish and has changed what I now WANT to eat. I've just bought the 'Against All Grains' cookbook and there is some fab stuff in there. Rawkaren - where do you buy your coconut and almond flour from? I don't think I could ever do as low carb as 50g daily but I am now managing to eat 100g carbs on non fast days with ease (and under 50g on a fast day) - and this is a woman who would KILL for bread at one time. I'd really like to try some of the non grain recipes for bread I have seen. I've (like lots on here) done loads of reading and I think reducing carb intake is the way to go for weight loss and health and all sorts of reasons. And I never thought I'd be able to do it! And without 5 2 I doubt I would.

PS Yes I've never understood why supermarkets add sugar to CHICKEN!

Www.realfoodstore.co.uk. I love Danielle Walkers book too. :grin: It's become a real friend in the kitchen. Her blog is fabulous too
A question, if you don't finish a birthday with something sweet, how are you supposed to finish it ? :wink:

I am not addicted to sugar, I don't "need" something sugary and never crash at the end of the afternoon, I am more a lemon and a coffee and tea addict :grin:
18 posts Page 2 of 2