The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

16 posts Page 1 of 2
Away in our caravan for 10 days
12 May 2014, 14:34
Hello all
Think I will find the next 10 days a struggle as we are away in our Touring Caravan for 10 days at Burnham on Sea. Not to far away from the beach so hoping to get lots of walking in and will do a fast while away hopefully. Must keep away from the shops selling fresh cream cakes!!!!!!
Hope the weather improves like it says it will.
Have a lovely time and don't worry too much about those cream cakes!
Have a wonderful time :heart:
Have a great time - at least you're in a van rather than a tent!

I've never tried to fast on holiday, but did find sometimes that we didn't need lunch if we were busy - this has only happened since we started 5:2.
I'd skip breakfast and have the cream cakes, personally! But then I always skip breakfast anyway!

Have a great time...looks like the weather might be turning nice for you!
Have agreat time and make sure you have at least one cream cake,at least oneicecream andat least one fishn chips! Keep a rough count of yr cals,get lots of exercise walking on the beach etc and you shouldnt do too much damage This is yr hollybobz so enjoy! :like: x
Ooh jealous, caravans, holidays, and cream cakes all in one. Have fun.
I agree with everyone about the cakes. Holidays just aren't proper without cake. Enjoy.
Absolutely, you must have cream cakes!

Will be interested to hear how you go food-wise on your trip. We will be having a 7 week touring holiday with our caravan in a few weeks time, and I don't know how I am going to manage maintenance... From past experience I know that I always am hungry when travelling. Although fasting is not a problem at home and I can cope easily with hunger, the moment I am in a car I feel the need to eat and feel awful if I don't. Partially boredom I guess, but that doesn't help. And while camping, I always really fancy breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks... I will just have to keep as active as possible, and not pack too many goodies...

Anyway, this is about your holiday, not mine. Is Burnham on Sea the same as Burnham on Crouch?? The latter is my mum's favourite holiday place in England, she spent many happy summers there as a girl in the 1930s with her aunt and uncle who managed the yacht club at that time.

Happy camping! :)
Enjoy yourself, and remeber what's a holiday without a bit of naughtiness? :cool:
Hello Brian 1- Don't worry about falling off the wagon for your holiday ......holidays are for relaxing and destrssing (says she who thanks to a feasting wants to lose almost 4lbs in 10 days ready for her Dorset break :confused: )You can't have a seaside holiday without cooked brekkies/cream teas/icecream/or fish and chips :starving:
Whatever goes on after a feast or holiday will come off again with this wonderful woe.......SO GO ON ENJOY YOURSELF AND GOOD LUCK WITH OUR WONDERFUL BRITISH WEATHER...... :clover:
We came back today and had a fast yesterday of sorts 750 cals, we had lovely weather and some fresh cream cakes jumped into my mouth (hubbys fault) and I had to much chocolate thats my downfall grrrr. Will be interesting what my weight will be in the morning!!!!
Welcome back, great timing with the weather :grin:

@Sassy1 They're different places, Burnham on Sea is in Somerset, and Burnham on Crouch is in Essex.
Have a lovely holiday, and have the food you want. As you are self-catering and not all-meals-included you won't have to have any food you don't want!
16 posts Page 1 of 2