The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

11 posts Page 1 of 1
Been here a year!
06 Sep 2014, 19:58
I joined the forum exactly a year ago - just saw that.
I was already well along in my 5:2 journey, having started in March '13. I was doing well on my own, and for me, the forum has been more about having a chance to be social about my fasting life than about needing support to do the fasts. I didn't tell any real life people about my 5:2 WOL till they started noticing I'd lost weight. That was many months after I began fasting. So lots of the community here really feel like my friends now, despite the fact that I'm not likely to meet any of you in person, living as I do on the "wrong" continent.

Interestingly, this year as I pursue the elusive goal of getting fit, I am finding that I need the support of the runners, Couch25K-ers, fitbitters, and all the active people on the forum, in order to keep up my progress.

Thanks, @Moogie, for all you've done for all of us. Thanks to my friends and supporters here. I hope you know who you are, and that I really appreciate you. If I were to start naming you, I'd probably leave someone out, and feel badly about it.

To those of you who aren't "there" yet, I'm cheering for you. I know you can do it, and I enjoy reading your reports, no matter how minor the progress.
Re: Been here a year!
06 Sep 2014, 20:14
Good job getting to your goal @wendyjane and good luck with getting fit this year. I am sure you will get there. Thanks for the motivation to keep going, it helps. :smile:
06 Sep 2014, 20:27
Hi wendyjane well done on your Forum fastiversary and on getting to your goal x
Also big :like: on pursuing yr get fit goal
You must be feeling great at getting it all together! Respect! X :victory: xx
06 Sep 2014, 20:35
Happy forum anniversary @wendyjane Well done on all you've achieved on your fasting journey well done you. :like:
Be very proud of all you've accomplished so far and good luck with your fitness journey to follow on. :clover: :clover: :clover:
07 Sep 2014, 07:55
Happy Fastiversary and well done on your journey. Keep up the good work :0D
07 Sep 2014, 08:15
I couldn't agree with you more @wendyjane. The forum has been an amazing place. I did join it because I needed the support with fasting but it soon became apparent that I'd made friends and have even met up with some. I am still chasing that last 7lbs but one thing is for sure I'd be back where I started if it wasn't for the people on here!
07 Sep 2014, 20:58
Happy forumiversary @WendyJane! So happy that you have made so many good friends around the world. Isn't the internet amazing?
07 Sep 2014, 21:06
Seconded. Wonderful bond of fast friends.
07 Sep 2014, 21:21
Happy forumversary!! I'm sure you'll reach your fitness goals just as you reached your weight goals :-)
09 Sep 2014, 19:01
Happy fastiversary and congrats on meeting your goal! Pity we don't live closer, it would be fun to do a meet up! In the meantime, take care and keep posting!
09 Sep 2014, 21:52
Lovely post @wendyjane - and big congrats on your Fastiversary!

I think you have summed up this forum & the people on it so well and I completely agree with you. It is all things to all people...and it allows us all to be both needy and helpful in equal measure.

Best of luck with year 2 - I'm sure it will go brilliantly for you!

:rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:
11 posts Page 1 of 1