The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

18 posts Page 2 of 2
Re: Best day to weigh?
11 Apr 2016, 07:44
Well, I just thought I'd pop back here and let you know the score!
So, on Saturday, I weighed in after fasting on Friday and only 5 days of 'dieting' and had lost 5 lb!
This morning, another weigh in after a food heavy weekend but a full week of 'dieting' and had lost 2 lb ( from first weigh in last Monday, NOT since my Sat weigh in!!!)

So, for me, I think it shows that it doesn't really matter when I weigh, after a fast day or feast days, as long as I get a loss!
I may have 2 official weigh ins per week!! That'll be a first for me!
11 Apr 2016, 19:26
@Charlie10, my light days are Mon & Thur, and I weigh in on Friday morning ONLY. That way, it's a better frame of reference (more consistent). Plus, it helps me stay focused; if I'm down, I can relax a bit over the weekend; if I'm up, that's useful info too. Note that I did NOT weigh myself before 5.2; I'm days from my second fastiversary.
12 Apr 2016, 05:04
Charlie10 wrote: Hi CathyKaty!
I was thinking of doing exactly the same thing...fasting Mon and Thurs and weighing on Friday. It means I can relax a bit at the weekend and pull it back on Monday with a fast day.

That's what I've been doing. I'd recommend doing some measuring anyway, just the smallest point you can find, as you might buy some new clothes at some stage. This is not a short term fix but something you can do for years!
18 posts Page 2 of 2