The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

10 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi all

I was wondering if anyone who has had a lot of weight to loose has any recommendations of what oils/creams to use on there belly to help with the skin sagging issue maybe to make it more elastic and responsive to shrinkage. I have just started my new WOL but i was hoping if i start using something now on my belly it will help reduce the amount of saggy skin left when my weight comes of, because it IS coming off!

Caroline
Yeah i had a good read thru them earlier, there was a lot of mention of coconut oils, aragon oils, nivea, a cream from boots..etc As i don't have any lose skin at the moment i just wondered if after using all these creams if there was a firm favorite that helped, that i could start using now.
I'm a coconut oil user. Internal and external. I really don't think there is much hope for me re the saggy skin as I hopefully will lose half my starting weight which was 20 stone and I've already started the menopause slow down. But if you are younger you still have a chance of the saggy skin shrinking with you.

My theory is that the body is economical, if something isn't in use and wears down, it will not be replaced. Therefore as the skin wrinkles it become redundant and when it dies, as all body parts do eventually, it won't be replaced and you will have tighter skin. But it will take years. I may resort to body scrubs at some time, to try and speed up the rate of renewal, for now though I use a mixture of coconut oil and moisturiser that I get from the docs.
Hate to say this Caroline but there is no such cream!
the only way to firm/tone up the belly area is with exercise, anything from walking to doing crunchies, working the lower abs,etc..
of course you cam improve the APPEARANCE of the skin but certainly no cream will tone up a flabby belly lol!!
The web is full of good workout clips for free :-)
I agree with @angie090465 re exercise for firming and toming the tum muscles but if you are post menopausal,and then lose a lot of weight,the collagen ( elastic ) from your skin has gone for ever along with the natural oestrogen,so that loose skin will never pull back in..
neither exercise nor creams will help with that problem,tho creams may improve the appearance
The only real answer to the prob of loose skin is - never put on a lot of weight in the first place OR lose it all and keep it off before you get into your forties / early fifties x sad but true :0(
I use coconut oil & keep a large pot on my dressing table. I massage it all over my body after my shower & it is also antibacterial & anti fungal so helpful for any skin folds & feet. My skin currently seems to be too big for my body & I am hoping it will shrink more. But I should think exercise will pep circulation & tone up muscles & the younger you are the more resilient & elastic your skin should be :grin:
Isis wrote: I use coconut oil & keep a large pot on my dressing table. I massage it all over my body after my shower & it is also antibacterial & anti fungal so helpful for any skin folds & feet. My skin currently seems to be too big for my body & I am hoping it will shrink more. But I should think exercise will pep circulation & tone up muscles & the younger you are the more resilient & elastic your skin should be :grin:

What kind of coconut oil do you use?
Not sure if it does anything magical in terms of tightening things up, but I've used E45 cream for about 15 years since I developed a skin condition and can't cope with anything else, even products that calls themselves 'unperfumed' or 'hypo-allergenic' irritate my skin. It's a fantastic moisturiser for all over, sinks in very quickly (not oily) and reduces itchiness, if that's a concern (eg where you may have shaved - sorry if that's TMI :bugeyes: ) and keeps you soft as a baby's bum all over.
Good luck! :like: :clover:
daydreamer I use raw virgin organic coconut oil that can be bought from holland & Barrett, or Coconoil from Amazon in 460gr pots. I use them for oil pulling, cooking & as a moisturiser :grin:
Thank you all for your reply's. I think i will try the coconut oil and if i use it daily maybe just maybe it will help if even just a little.

Thanks again
Caroline
10 posts Page 1 of 1