The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

17 posts Page 2 of 2
Juliana.Rivers wrote:
rawkaren wrote: I'm in a different rhythm at the moment. I close the kitchen just after lunchtime when I'm at home which means I can look forward to my breakfast and lunch even on fast days.

not a myth.... i thought i better back myself up with some research

http://www.uamshealth.com/?id=892&sid=1

its called carotenemia http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1104368-overview

good news is, its harmless

but i do know if you ate a 20kg bag of carrots, you could die of carrot poisoning

Fascinating. Thanks for that, @Juliana.Rivers and @coffeetime. I can't say anything to the daughter, because she puts up with so much shit already over her "carrot obsession". But I doubt she's ever consumed more than 1 lb/.5kg in a day, so I think she's safe enough :smile:
I, too, am breaking my fast early - i.e. a late breakfast or lunch at about 1pm - usually a soft-boiled egg or small egg and spinach frittata or omelette - I always used to go all the way through to a 7pm dinner with just a miso and/or bouillon - and I don't know why I can't seem to do it anymore and I sort of hate myself but it's the only way I can get through the day :curse: !!!!!

By the way, I used to work with a gal who only ever seemed to eat carrots, tons of them every day, throughout the day and she definitely had a distinctly orange tint to her skin. :frown:
17 posts Page 2 of 2