The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

19 posts Page 2 of 2
Re: Breaking Your Fast
23 Jan 2014, 10:34
I work alternate days at the moment so I tend to fast when I'm at work and then I have the luxury of time the next morning to decide what I really fancy and then just have that. Sometimes it's porridge, sometimes it's a big smoothie, this morning it was using up some yogurt, with stewed apple & muesli. I take my time deciding so sometimes it's 10 or 10.30 before I eat but I'm always pretty hungry by then.

Thankfully I don't get too many 'rapid transit moments' so I can eat something reasonably hearty and then will be fine til a late lunch, probably a big salad (or sandwich - esp if homemade bread!). My thing at the moment is trying to not snack too much between meals - my meals are healthy, it's what I scoff between meals that can sabotage my progress!
23 Jan 2014, 11:03
Hi @Tuesday, well, after a month or so of being constipated after fasts, I now have a bit of "rapid transit" after most fast days - usual pattern is I will "go" fairly normally, then have 1 or 2 return visits with diarrhoea over a period of about an hour. I generally have mushrooms & spinach with feta & spring onions on one whole grain toast. I've tried eggs, and delaying brekkie, still the same. I just can't face my normal muesli, and anyway, I'm generally fairly insulin-resistant by then, so I really don't want to overdo the carbs. So I don't know what the solution is, except maybe to decrease my intake a bit - but you've got to break your fast sometime.

Can't offer much except sympathy, but I'm open to suggestions from anyone else.
23 Jan 2014, 11:04
gym-sparkle-90 wrote: Apologies if I sound REALLY stupid, but what is this Rapid Transit Moment you all speak of!? I think I have some idea..just want to check I'm on the same wavelength! :oops:

i was going to ask the same. think i know after some google.

in context im sure it wasnt about bus rides.
23 Jan 2014, 11:46
well for someone who suffers this on a regular basis - strangely enough I have been fine since starting this diet nearly two weeks ago . so something seems to be having a 'good' effect on me!
19 posts Page 2 of 2