The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

34 posts Page 2 of 3
Re: Bullet proof coffee
04 Apr 2014, 12:34
@Clairemarie Doesn't the coffee get cold when you put it in the blender?
04 Apr 2014, 12:42
I'm using my coconut oil as hand cream!
04 Apr 2014, 12:43
I don't drink piping hot coffee anyway. But but no it stays warm because you whizz on high just a few seconds.
04 Apr 2014, 12:57
Somebody offered me Hazelnut flavoured coffee and i nearly threw up after a sip. Coffee has to be strong, roasted within last 10 days, ground within last 10 minutes.
And there must be at least half an inch of crema

I can now achieve all 3 provided i havent overheated my expresso machine by leaving it on for half a day by mistake.

sorry Im an expresso coffee snob. so anything other than milk and a bit of sugar with coffee is tragic

if it looks like this i want to throw up as no crema

I dont need the coffee art but anything like below is good

ahh yes. look at the inch of crema

317556_coffee_-cup_-mood_1920x1200.jpg
04 Apr 2014, 13:02
Minumonline wrote: @Clairemarie Doesn't the coffee get cold when you put it in the blender?

You have to melt the oil and butter first gently or else yes, you get cold coffee!
04 Apr 2014, 16:26
Well I've just returned from my weekly food shop ravenous and fasting with @Debstoday made myself my usual espresso switched on and now thanks to rereading plus the ones I've missed I have to say my evening meal can now wait I will now eat at my normal 7pm feeling rather sickly!!! :shock:
Thank-you all for saving me on day one of my new plan
(on target Debs) brilliant I love you all
04 Apr 2014, 17:29
Juliana.Rivers wrote: Somebody offered me Hazelnut flavoured coffee and i nearly threw up after a sip.

I tried vanilla flavoured coffee - it was equally dreadful!

I've been taking my coffee black since I was 14 and my best friend's family all took their coffee black and never/rarely had any milk in the house. I had to teach myself to like it. Now I can't stand milk/cream in coffee. I do like a bit of kahlua or tia maria though :wink:
04 Apr 2014, 18:53
Thank you @izzy for helping me through my fastday
Good idea when I'm struggling I'll pop back into this thread then all will be saved. :heart:
I've fed my face with a very large fastday chicken salad that will do me for today. :clover:

Hope all is well with you.
04 Apr 2014, 22:22
Great idea Izzy!!!!!
Good luck @Sue.Q! I am going again today, a lovely lady left me two Atkins choc nut bars on the desk for some creepy intuitive reason so I will have one tonight to feed my post dinner sweet craving. Before anyone says anything, yes I KNOW they are packed full of junk, but hey, I don't care!!! :lol:
Had my piece of 88% choc last night and savoured every morsel. Interestingly, it had less carbs than the 100%.
04 Apr 2014, 22:46
carorees wrote:
Juliana.Rivers wrote: Somebody offered me Hazelnut flavoured coffee and i nearly threw up after a sip.

I tried vanilla flavoured coffee - it was equally dreadful!

I've been taking my coffee black since I was 14 and my best friend's family all took their coffee black and never/rarely had any milk in the house. I had to teach myself to like it. Now I can't stand milk/cream in coffee. I do like a bit of kahlua or tia maria though :wink:

When i was little, my mum gave me black (instant) coffee to make me throw up if i had a bad stomach. Not sure if that was usual in those years... i certainly never did it to my kids. but then i got the wooden stick too in those days as it was the norm. lol

It took me a while to disassociate black coffee from vomit! which is probably why i have a dash of milk mostly these days.
05 Apr 2014, 00:06
Think I've got all the ingredients so @Carieoates, if you want to give it a try we could do a controlled experiment here - you could even wear your white coat if you want!
05 Apr 2014, 00:31
Great, now @Carorees has me wanting a decaf espresso with a shot of kahlua. And I can do it to!

But what's with the name of this drink? I don't want to be thinking about violence in the morning - I just want a cup of coffee!!
05 Apr 2014, 01:35
The morning I'm having I could murder a kahlua coffee!! Actually, skip the coffee!!
05 Apr 2014, 05:05
DId anyone mention Kahlua? Expresso martini anyone????? Much nicer than bulletproof :heart:
05 Apr 2014, 07:29
Madcatlady wrote: Think I've got all the ingredients so @Carieoates, if you want to give it a try we could do a controlled experiment here - you could even wear your white coat if you want!

He we could do that @madcatlady just as long as we can put Tia Maria in it as well.
34 posts Page 2 of 3