The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

21 posts Page 2 of 2
It's butter, olive oil or coconut oil for me. I try to stay away from fake foods, and margarine is defiantly a fake food. It's up there with cheese strings and low fat mayo. Butter is so much better for you than marg, and taste so much better too.
Dee
I made my own butter recently. It wasn't that hard, but I must admit it's more expensive to buy a litre of real 100% cream than to buy 500 gm of butter. It was a great feeling though and I'm going to do it again this weekend.
DrM on tv right now voting for butter over marge!

And dismissing smoothies - eat the whole fruit instead!
Coffee...its good for you in that it gives you a feelgood factor!
He is on Newsnight and looking trim and healthy!
I too love butter but I am still confused over the countries like Finland for instance, where they have a very high intake of saturated fats and have enormous rates of heart disease. Confused! :razz: :?:
Are the Fins also high carb eaters, especially wheat and/or sugar? Just because they are high fat eaters and also have high levels of heart disease, does not automatically mean that the two stats are a direct correlation with each other. There could be other correlations.
I don't think the traditional living Inuit (Eskimo) have high levels of heart disease either and their diets are stuffed with fats.
Wow Cally,lovely photo! X
21 posts Page 2 of 2